Why are Spanish congregations more zealous?

by truthseeker 22 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    the numbers in the US are increasing in the Spanish speaking congregations much more than in the English speaking congregations

Immigration?

Downunder we've seen a large increase in migrants from south america and a resulting increase in the congregations here.

• waiting
    waiting

Checking in from SC, USA. There are Spanish speaking congs. here - and they ARE growing fast. For the most part, they're the 1st & 2nd generation migration workers.

This is just MY opinion........but I think they're like other cultures & women in general - they want to fit in, be accepted, yada yada.......and looking for stability & acceptance. The WTBTS in theory gives them this.

When they & particularily their children have more access to college, internet, etc......then I believe their growth will dwindle just like other industrial countries/cultures.

As for friendliness? I would think that would vary with who they accept & just KH personality.

waiting

• betty boop
    betty boop

lol ozzie..well i was raised going to a spanish-speaking congregation and yea i agree in general they are more zealous, altho it might not be the case with individual people..altho i do know that if i ever needed a place to sleep, somthing to eat or anything at all the memebers of the congregation (most of them anyway) would be more than willing to help you. Not that this doesnt happen in congos with people from other backgrounds, but i have noticed there is a lil more of that family-warmth between people in Hispanic congos. Could be a coincidnece but the culture does play a large part in how people treat each other. Just my humble opnion..I dont like to sterotype either..Ok now im gonna go play the maracas with a basket of fruit on my head...arrrrrrrrriba!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit