Why are Spanish congregations more zealous?

by truthseeker 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Survivor2004
    Survivor2004

Hi Ballistic.

Im not trying to make anyone uncomfortable,I dont stereotype,but Im not the type to walk on eggshells in this politically correct madhouse either.

Sure SOME families are falling apart in Europe but no where like in North America,also the breakdown of the family unit in Europe only started when things got North Americanized,the value,s (or lack therof) rubbed off over time.The MacDonalds popped up all over the place,(versus the fine dining that Europeans enjoy)the 2 hour lunches declined and Europeans were more in a rush.

That statement may tick of some people.

Again I dont stereotype but I dont walk on eggshells either.

There IS a BIG difference in Europe and North America,thats just fact.

There are different cultures all across the world.Thats just a fact.

I happen to LOVE the differences!

I LOVE diversity and variety!

Ann.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Survivor

There IS a BIG difference in Europe and North America

My point was that there is a big difference between countries within Europe.

• Survivor2004
    Survivor2004

Hi Ballistic.

Yes there are DIFFERENCES between countries in Europe. adspecially between Eastern counreies and western countries ,like say Germany and Poland.

Ann. :)

• RR
    RR

Well being the token hispanic on this forum I shold say that hispanics are more zealous in all the religions they belong too. I think it's in their blood. Their very family oriented and very godly oriented.

Very zealous and faithful to their beliefs I found the Spanish Congregations were more in tuned to the Society and their rules than any others.

RR

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Talking about European mentality: the countries differ a lot. While i.e. Spanish or Italien mentality is warm with a lot of hospitality, others countries like i.e. Germany or Scandinavian countries are regularly perceived as somehow cold.

When German people come to the US they often feel that they are more friendly than in their homecountry but this friendliness is also perceived as superficial.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Why do people generalize and stereotype? Human nature?

• Survivor2004
    Survivor2004

RR has a good point.

The spanish congregations were *definitely* more in tune with the society,s rules than the english speaking congregations.With them there is NO but,s,,,but my point was they were much much warmer.I never felt alone there even when I could only speak a few words of spanish everyone made me feel so welcome.I did not get that kind of hospitality extended to me from the english speaking congs.It was cold as ice.

Ann

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I don't believe that they are all like you describe.

The spanish cong that meets at the hall where I go is quite cold. They barely say hello to you and to each other. And I know for a fact that there is no social intermingling among themselves either.

wannaexit

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I'm sorry to disappoint - but downunder the spanish-speaking congregations are not known for their zeal. Other things maybe, but not zeal, certainly not zeal.

• blondie
    blondie

Well, zeal aside, the numbers in the US are increasing in the Spanish speaking congregations much more than in the English speaking congregations. How that is being accomplished is up for grabs. Were it not for that, there would have been a decrease in the US. The numbers are increasing in other foreign speaking congregations as well.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit