toot toot toot lookin out my back door

by xenawarrior 75 Replies latest jw friends

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

So I'm sitting here having coffee and I hear a very distinguishable sound out on my deck. I looked out and this is what I saw. I know they are around but I've never seen one come so close to the house before! He sat there for quite some time too!!

Well, I thought it was cool !!

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Definitely COOL. Ain't nature grand? I wish I had him/her at my place to perch and keep away the

sparrows that sh!t all over my patio though! I bought a plastic owl and they didn't mind him a bit. He got

spit on too!

• JH
    JH

Wow And he's looking right at you too.

• Purza
    Purza

He is magnificent!!!! And here I get excited when the hummingbirds come to my feeder. LOL

Purza

• Celia
    Celia

Wow, yes, really neat. I love all birds.

• little witch
    little witch

OMG!!!!

What sort of owl is that XW???!!!!

It is beautiful!!! (my daughters eyes are big as a dinner plate looking at this pic) lololol

• Celia
    Celia

It's not an owl, it's a hawk or something.....

• little witch
    little witch

I think you are right Celia, it does look more like a hawk. And here I am a country bumpkin (I shoulda known better) lol

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

LW- yes, it's a hawk. It was really cool. I took the picture from inside the house as I didn't want to scare him/her off.

We've created quite the natural habitat here in our neighborhood-everyone has large yards- and we have tons of wonderful birds. We have tons of these beautiful finches in addition to a couple of pairs of cardinals !!

Maybe the hawk was here to catch some of the rabbits that have made my deck their home and have chewed several "doorways" through the lattice work to get in. One entryway wasn't enough for them- they need 8 or 9!!

• Celia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit