Good manners and curse words

by Maverick 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Golf
    Golf

Guilty. When you've been in the construction trade, its the norm, believe it or not. Play golf and you'll hear plenty of cuss words and from people you lest expect.

Guest 77

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I was at the library today and some numb nut, had his box on really loud and the song mostly contained the f-bomb! I hurried with my babies to the car.

I dont mind them at adult places, but i do mind them in family places.

I dont like to cuss out loud, but i have no problem typing it.

• AlanF
    AlanF

When people curse around me, I tell them to watch their f**king mouths.

AlanF

• Dan-O
    Dan-O
    Play golf and you'll hear plenty of cuss words and from people you lest expect.

You know why it's called "golf", right?

All the other four letter words were already taken.

• bem
    bem

As to good maners congragulations to all you men that still open doors for ladies,and remember there are still a few of us around that admire and appreciate the act of you being gentelmen!

I have to agree with others, curse words get picked up to quickly by kids...Although awful to do...I had to laugh when my 4 year old grand-daughter told her Uncle the other day he had pissed her off...she's starting school this fall and we are careful about what we say, We see a lot of visits to the office in her future she's been around adults all her life and the kids she's around cuss on a regular basis.

• 4JWY
    4JWY

Using good manners, I won't go with what I was going to say about Mulan's words, nor will I even put them in a quote box.

• bebu
    bebu

I dislike hearing people curse. I worked for a while at a work release and was so accustomed to hearing constant cursing, it began to come out from me as well. It was hard to change. I don't think that those guys realized how vulgar they were--and how it probably halted some healthier relationships and job opportunities.

Vulgarity usually isn't necessary, I think.

Personally, I prefer the Jewish swear-word, "Manischewitz". Hey, it's kosher!

bebu

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

I am having a real problem with this because I have sworn like a truck driver since I was 12 years old and now my daughter is picking it up and I feel terrible about it. It sounds so utterly wrong coming from a three-year-old. I always modified my swearing around people I thought it would offend, but I think 3 year olds grasp that concept inversely. As in, oh, this offends people, how fun, let's try THAT again. Now I have to figure out how to handle it without being a hypocrite. And I have to stop swearing around her, that's clear. Gosh, your bad habits really come back to bite you in the ass rear end when you have kids (see, I'm trying).

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

If it's any indication, my parrots sound like sailors, especially when the Dub relatives are around. Hehheh...

Country Girl

• Dan-O
    Dan-O
    and now my daughter is picking it up and I feel terrible about

When my daughter was potty training, she slipped & her butt dropped into the toilet. She looked at me & said "Hand me some paper. My ass is wet."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit