Elders will ask two questions---any advice?

by Erin 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Erin
    Erin

I have been missing in action for 6.5 years. I moved 55 miles away. A couple of weekends ago, two elders (in suits) from my old cong. came to my house and knocked on the door and called into my windows for at least 15 minutes. It was early, and I was still in my jammies, so there was no way I would have opened my door for anybody.
    I have since heard they are coming back, because they "have to ask me two questions". Does anyone have any idea what these are?
    I will do my best to avoid them at all costs, as I do not recognize their authority over me any more and do not wish to speak with them. However, they do know where I work, and as it is a public place, I would not be surprised if they were to show up there.

I would appreciate any input you could give me!
    Thanks in advance.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I can only remember one of them. Something like this:
    Do you believe the Faithful and Discreet Slave is God's spokesman?
    (or mouthpiece or channel?) Something similar.

If they do ask, ask right back to them? "Why do you ask me that?"
    And then DON'T answer their questions. Say, "My thoughts are private, and between me and Jehovah. You don't have a right to my private thoughts."

Or don't meet with them. Greet them at the door with Kleenex in hand, coughing miserably, like I am now. That should make them leave.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

LOL, if you really don't want to meet with them, place a no tresspassing sign on your door. They should get the hint.

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Erin,

Someone told me the other question is "Do you still want to be known as a Jehovah's Witness?" The answer to that giving the basis to disassociate you, I guess.

Pat

• messenger
    messenger

I may not know the exact questions but I can offer the two answers.

1. I do not have to answer any stupid questions.

2. Get the @%$# off my property.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Erin,

Sounds like the BOE is trying to find a way to DF or DA you. I would follow Mulan's advice and say it's none of their business. Just don't talk to them. Stay in your jammies behind the closed door. Post a "No trespassing" sign. Or better yet...come to door naked with a "No trespassing" sign. That'll scare 'em away! Haha! (Wait...would that be a two-party sin if they see you naked? Would THEY have to go to a JC for looking at a naken woman that's NOT their wives?)

Can anybody tell me if the BOE can DF you if they don't talk to you to confirm or discuss anything? Just curious...

Billygoat

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

Erin,
    I have been laying low for awhile but your post is too interesting to pass up.

So for 77 months you have been away, with no contact and no one called to see how you were. THey just show up?....

I would find it a lot less than rational for anyone to be in a role of sheparding or caring for anyone if they let them go six yrs +. you did nto mention where you heard the things they want to ask you about... but I would have to throw that back at them.

First, let them make an appointment, your time is too valuable to waste. Second if they have questions to ask you, let them tell you ahead what they may be so you can prepare to answer them, after all it took them 6.5 years to develop their questions. Thirdly, if they do ask the Organization vs god question, throw it back at them and then have them EXPLAIN there views from the bible. If they still are on the organization kick. ask them why god, who does not lie and is infaliible, has been the editor of the Watchtower since 1931 yet some inofrmation printed inthe magazine is not accurate.

NEW YORK KING'S COUNTY CLERKS'S COURT RECORD, 1940, vol. II, p 795:
    Fred W. Franz on the witness stand:

"Q. Who subsequently becamse the Editor of the magazine, the main editor of the "Watch Tower" magazine ?

A. In 1931, October 15th, as I recall, the "Watch Tower" discontinued publishing the names of any editorial committee on the second page.

THE COURT: He asked you who became the editor.

THE WITNESS: And it said --

THE COURT: Who became the editor ?

Q. Who became the editor when this was discontinued ?

A. Jehovah God."

Fred W. Franz later became the President of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society and remains in that position to this day. So we see that Jehovah God is the editor of the Watch Tower.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

As they head for the door tell them you’ll be happy to answer any of their questions when they deserve answers to them. THE JW'S did not create you and have no right to your life, If you dedicated your life to god, then it's to him you answer and him alone.

Stephen

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

The only reason the elders should be calling on you after six years is simply to invite you to come back. There are no instructions to go out and hunt people down.

• Erin
    Erin

Thank you, everyone, for your input. Good ideas.
    Pork Chop, they are not coming by for a tea party, that much I know.
    I'm sure it's an entrapment thing.
    My ex husband got remarried last year to a nice little JW girl. They never bothered to ask me whether he was scripturally free! I believe the C.O. was just there and slapped their hands.
    Any info I have gotten has been from my daughter, who still lives in that area.
    I am just not going to be home.....

• noidea
    noidea

Erin,
    You could always answer any questions with: "Would you like a hot apple pie or fries with that".
    Trick, you have to keep a straight face.
    Good luck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit