In memorial of my cat...

by Tashawaa 40 Replies latest jw friends

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

I had a huge persian called Mortimer that I had to have put down. He was only 3 years old, and one evening we heard a pitiful meow from the bushes. His back legs were paralysed, and he had lost control of his bodily functions. We had him extensively examined, and not a thing could be found wrong - i.e. no bruising, no breaks, no internal damage. I cried for ages, I held him as they put him to sleep!!!

We buried him in the front garden - found a lovely spot under a tree, and I dug what I thought was a substantial hole, but my wife wanted it to be deeper. The next strike with the shovel went through the water mains!!! Needless to say we found a new spot for him!!

Losing a pet IS losing a member of the family! I share your pain, and wish you well.

Bull!

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

(((((((((((Tashawaa)))))))))))))

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Kat

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Tashawaa- My deepest sympathies. It's true, it can hurt every bit as bad when an animal dies, as when a human does. Hopefully you can take comfort in the fact that your kitty was not alone at the end, but was being cared for by such good people. I'm sure that it made her last few minutes more comfortable, having them there.

I had to say goodbye to my cat last year. Antoinette was 22 years old and had been with me since I was a kid. I thought the pain would never go away, but in time, I was able to think of her without sadness, and just remember what a cool cat she was and all the great years we'd had together. It will get better; in the meantime, take good care of yourself and your other kitty.

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

Thanks for all your comments.

I loved reading how many of you had cherished pets and unfortunately, shared this experience. I'm feeling much better today (after a good bawl), and I'm happy that I shared my life with her for the 12 years I had her.

• Special K
    Special K

((((( Tashawaa ))))

Sorry about your cat.

Really glad you had a great community and that they tried to help your kitty. Inspiring.

We have a new kitty, only 4 months old and I can't imagine how much crying would ocurr if something happened to him. We are all so attached to him.. and our dog as well.

Interesting that my dog now thinks he is a cat. LOL

But my kitten seems to think he's a dog.. hahahah

the dog wants to eat the cat food and the cat wants to eat the dog food .

again, sorry about your family pet

Special K

• Chloe
    Chloe

I'm so sorry Tashawaa.

I know how much it hurts to lose a cat. They are like our children. I have had to say goodbye to 2 very dear babies in the last few years but they were both very old (18 and 20) and it was time. It's still very hard, though.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your kitty. My oldest one, Shadow, has seen me through a lot of things. He was initially my ex's cat. She ended up not taking him with her. I was stuck with bills that I couldn't pay, but I always made sure my cats had food. I think Shadow knows that I've gone through a lot to keep him, and I think he appreciates it. He's been through 5 moves with me (I've had him for 6 years). He adjusts very well to each move.

I've had my ex trying to get him back, but I know he'd miss me. He always liked me more than her. There's no way in hell I'd give him up.

Sadly, I can tell that his years are getting more limited. He wasn't a kitten when I got him, and he's starting to show his age (He has to be at least 10 years old). He's brought me many dead rabbits and birds as gifts. He kicks the shit out of all the cats in the neighborhood. He's a real tough bastard (and intelligent).

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

(((((((Tash)))))))))) I'm sorry

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Tashaa,

Pets do wonderful things for us "higher forms of life" don't they? I've read that when people have pets -- it affects their health in a very positive manner, well...there are allergies sometimes. But, they help lower our stress and blood pressure, our mental health is better, too. They are not judgemental little critters and that's purdy nice, too.

I lost my Shelty last year and over the years, you can add, cats, dogs, hampsters, gerbils, parakeets, horses, pet ducks & chickens, rabbits, pot belly pigs and lot of not so warm critters like tropical fish, turtles, even a few special spiders. I am a much richer person for having the experience, knowledge and love for these 'mere' animals. I am glad I met e'm.

I have a 14 y/o Cat in very good health, I would hate to think of her being gone, too.

I think it's good advice, when you're ready..., go save a kitty or puppy at the shelter. I remember when one of my girls, when she was around 12 y/o, had lost another pet...she declared she "...NEVER wanted to have any more pets...cause everyone she loved always seem to die eventually...". It is a real lesson in the reality of death...and life.

Sorry for your loss

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

As a fellow "cat-lover", I am saddened by your loss.

Our cat "June" is only two. She is a black and white "Tuxedo" short hair domestic. Your cat lived a long a full life--so sad that it fell and was severely injured.

In time perhaps you would consider sharing your home with another feline. The shelters are full of many who need good homes.

/<

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit