In memorial of my cat...

by Tashawaa 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

I lost someone very special to me. My cat.

She was 12 years old. She was the friendliest, most loving, cat I had ever owned. She fell out of a window and broke her back. The vet was unable to save her.

She was with me through my marriage and divorce. She saw me through good times and bad. She didn't "df" me when I left the JWs (unconditional love) .

She will be sorely missed and is irreplaceable.

A couple of beers and a good cry ... I loved my cat!

• shamus
    shamus

Losing a pet is can be as bad as losing a lost loved one. I remember taking the family dog to the vet to get put down. OMG.

• kls
    kls

I am so very sorry , a pet in part of a family. Please except my sympathy.

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

You know.... this is the first time I've experienced anything like this!!!!

I really didn't expect myself to take her death so hard, but she was apart of my family.

Thanks for the sympathy.

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Sorry for your loss. I love my kitties too and know it would be hard to lose them. Take care.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Sorry to hear about the cat, I would like a cat one day.

• kls
    kls

It is hard to take losing a pet, i have lost horses ,dogs and even the naughtiest goat and it tore me apart every-time. But losing an inside pet that is your constant companion and your best friend is the worst. If you need to cry and vent here let it out we are all here for you. : (

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Poor kitty.

I have two cats and I dread the day I will loose them.

• Angharad
    Angharad

((((((Tashawaa)))

I'm really sorry, it is like losing a little member of the family

You need to grieve for them.

I've lost two cats and cried buckets each time.

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

(((( You guys are sooooooooo amazing))))

Here's the story: I'm away for the long weekend. My cat falls out my four storey window. I have NO IDEA what happened to her. I check with my neighbors and do a 4 block ratios search. I make some "posters" and post them around. All this has taken place over a few days, and each night I come home from work and cry, 'cause I worry that she's hungry, cold, out in the rain, etc.

I get a phone call last night from a neighbor who saw my poster. He was there when the cat fell, and called the SPCA. They came and took the cat to an Emergency Vet Hospital. They worked on her, but she didn't make it. All these people helped her "leave this world" in a humane manner. Today, the SPCA called me because I had filed a report earlier, and they just received the report from the hospital and it was a match.

All these "worldly" people, cared for a "cat". I just soak up the good I see in the "world". Its experiences like this, that even though the outcome was sad, makes me appreciate that I belong to society. That I no longer condemn them, or see them as "wicked".

Anyhoo, time for another

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit