Jehovah's Witnesses Seek To Expand Presence In Brooklyn

by Larry 28 Replies latest jw friends

• RevMalk
    RevMalk
    How much weight do you think would be pulled from letters of protest from outside the DUMBO area?

Chances are they won't read each and every letter, so it's the amount of letters that they receive that may make them think twice.

Even if they do read them all, being bombarded with hundreds if not thousands of pieces of mail at least brings this problem to their attention.

Rev

• Balsam
    Balsam

I don't live in New York City, but I sure hate to see the WTS expand any further anywhere in the US or abroad. Since I don't live in NYC would my letters be of any value to them in the neighborhood. If the WTS is allowed to follow through with this planning they will certainly end up with a really uninviting area.

Hope it doesn't happen.

Balsam

• betty boop
    betty boop

Aside from the fact they would be expanding, another reason it would suck is they would be using alot of good space. The area of DUMBO is def. up and coming and im sure in time it wouldve been put to alot of good use for the the residents of downtown brooklyn. They have alot of business already im sure it would expand into alot more. Of course the WTS will just be using alot of good freakin space...besides they are not cool enough to be in brooklyn

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

I think our main contribution would be to provide info to the politicians about the WTBS activties and lack of community concern (9/11 & other personal experiences you have) and provide ammo to the locals, so when they appear in person at the council meetings they'll be locked and loaded, ready to shoot the old whore as she lies her ass off with her attorneys. Gosh I hope I'm not sounding bitter.

-BONEZZ (of the "picked clean" class)

• Balsam
    Balsam

I printed up the letter and addressed the envelopes. Lets flood the NYC area with protests. I'm glad to do my part even through I don't live there. The WTS will not improve the area if they are allowed in there.

Balsam

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

That's the spirit Balsam. I too am emailing some of the council people and others as well as contacting the DUMBO neighborhood group to see if there is any way to help support them. Maybe a new post announcing this cause would be in order?... for those who have not looked at this post.

-BONEZZ

• brother devoted
    brother devoted

yes we do serve the communiity by providing a bible education and letting people know that there is a better way to live ther lives.

• blondie
    blondie

Of course, we are assuming that the neighbors in Brooklyn know nothing of the Bible.

Don't worry, the WTS neighbors have been down this road before. If there is anything legally that can be done, it will be done.

Blondie

• metatron
    metatron

Bible education? You mean scamming people for 120 years with the deception that Armageddon is "Soon!"?

The proposed building program is a money making scheme - in which they sell well appreciated properties in Brooklyn

and put up a building on land they own with free labor.

Who says the lives of Witnesses are better? Depression is widespread in the organization, so much so, that the

Watchtower Society is embarrassed to discuss it any more. They just lie and say "we're the happiest people on earth"

and leave it at that.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit