On the fading of 1914 ............

by TheOldHippie 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Just another observation, the Knowledge book (1992?) doesn't deal with the U.N. as I remember. At least nothing compared to the PE book. Of course we now know why.

• Neo
    Neo

the mole,

It goes as the proverb states: " Expectation postponed is making the heart sick." (Proverbs 13:12, NWT)

it was told to us in our last meeting with the elders that there are so few of the anointed that the spirtual food and caring of the sheep that the burden will fall on those with the earthly hope...that was in 2002...

Yes, they have been saying that for years... remember the articles abouth the Nethinim in the early 90's?

my old friend coming back from bethel have said that some young ones were being incouraged to partake of the meal...

Could you comment on this a little further? Who was encouraging the young people to partake?

Neo

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes
    my old friend coming back from bethel have said that some young ones were being incouraged to partake of the meal...

Yeah I predicted they would start rolling their own when the 1935 watermark magically disolved with out and explaination or new light. Then they started printing stuff saying it is none of the elders business if the person claims they are anointed nor are is their any "signs".

• Neo
    Neo

ezekiel3,

One thing that was noticibly absent during the DC part 4:15 Walking in the Path of Increasing Light was, during the "laundry list" of doctrinal changes, no mention was made of the 1995 "generation" issue.

Of course they found time to mention the generation issue in a different talk...

Ironic, isn't it?

Neo

• trumangirl
    trumangirl

Yeah, I think Neo's post is insightful. To me, it seemed like in the last few months of my fade-out (about a year ago), they were stressing 1914 more, but that may just be because 1914 really annoyed me so I was sensitive to its mention!

Eventually they'll have to assign 1914 into irrelevant history. To young ones it must seem like ancient history already.

Can't wait to get a copy of the new brochure! (NZ hasn't had DC's yet). Tho I'm sure it will be anti-climax, LOL.

• the mole
    the mole

..hey neo......a friend at the time named rick hammersly did two years at bethel then worked at the farm for 6 months..he didnt qualify for some reason to do pioneer work abroad..but when he came back and this was in 2001..as we sat and watched a raiders game and drinking some beer he blurted out that a few young ones wanted to partake...he laughed because the brothers there called them young but they were all in their 30's....those who wanted too were not discouraged and had private meetings with the brothers...my friend said everything was real tight lipped around there about the subject but he said many of those in new york was assigned their own halls right after that....

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I don't know what year it was but I would think it was around the mid 90's. My nephew was telling me about the time after dinner his dad read the latest Watchtower to them explaining that the 1914 thing was changed. He said they were all upset and he said he told his dad that this was a bunch of crap because they had put all thier faith on that date. I was telling my nephew how it was the same thing in the early 70's and how the society didn't even have the guts to admit thier error and blame it all on the average JW that miss understood what they were saying.

Will

• Norm
    Norm

Hi Gary,

Good to see you too, long time eh? I really think you are on to something there Gary. The R&F dub don't seem to care much whatever they teach or do. So I think your observations are very much valid. I had not been thinking about it all from that angle.

Thanks again Gary.

Take care,

Norm

• Norm
    Norm

Hi OldH,

Sorry, I didn't know you have pitched your tent in Poland. Is the reason the usual one?
    I mean, hrrmm, a female? You don't have to say anything.

Take care,

Norm

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    This could mean that by then 1914 has been done away with. It could. But we are not saying. All things are possible with God. But we are not saying. And don?t any of you be specific in saying anything that is going to happen between now and 2005. But the big point of it all is this, dear friends: Time is short. Time is running out, no question about that.

LOL

I hear you Freddie!!!!!

wanna

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit