Walk with God DC: My Notes SAT AFT

by ezekiel3 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

My stepmom, my spunky stepmom, loves to tell this story:

She was on her first date with her future first husband, and he casually mentioned that he disliked women who made themselves up too much. Myrna took this as a direct challenge, and she did not relish the thought of fretting over her makeup the rest of her livelong days. So she decided to teach him a lesson. She slathered it on. Bright blue eyeshadow from lash to brow. For three dates, three weeks in a row.

He never said another word about it.

• minimus
    minimus

Thank Jehovah for makeup!

• heathen
    heathen

I would say that some women do over do the make up and can spend a fortune on that stuff . Take a look at tammy fay baker for an example . I certainly don't have a problem with women wanting to be beautiful and desirable .

cheers .

• Nocturne
    Nocturne
    JWs encouraged to get together and sing or do skits for entertainment. JWs need to learn how to entertain themselves

Well, it looks like the JWs in my area seemed to have had some inside info on what was going to be presented at the DC. A few weeks before the DC, at one of the last witness get togethers I went to, they had a little theatre piece, like the dramas they have at the DC. It seems that this particular theatre group goes around and performs for other congregation in different areas as well. The whole thing was atrocious at best, and the main theme of the story was loyalty to the BORGanization . That's when I knew my stint as a JW was over.

• shamus
    shamus

I just cannot believe how trapped they are. I cannot believe that people listen to that sh*t and clap. So all's what we should talk about is how we came into the truth,,,, LOLOL?!

I remember one circus overbeer that said people should only get together with families and nothing else. And why do your kids have to go out every Saturday night???? Can't you just have one night out, just get together with your friends, and have one dammed laugh? See how they shame you even when you are trying to have a few hours with friends???

They are so baked. Not a stitch of common sense to question things... just listen to hours of governing blobby drivel. It just amazes me that people can listen to that stuff and say it doesn't sound like horseshat.

• avengers
    avengers
    move their wine rack from the dining room to the bedroom. (Is this a double-life??)

Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. lol

A brother or sister asks secretly: "Do you have any wine?".

Host brother or sister: "Sure! Step into my bedroom".

what a joke. Andy.

• shamus
    shamus

Isn't that just what witnesses wish to do? Put on the perfect front? While secretly, they hide they're problems lest they be 'disfellowshipped'. No wonder alcohol abuse is so prevelant (sp?) in they're group.

Yes, that is a joke, Andy. Yet they don't feel ashamed that the governing body says such disturbing things.

An old friend of the family is an alcoholic. We used to get together and play cards weekly, and we'd have a beer, he'd have a pop. Although he never drank, and didn't mind us doing it, it would shock me to think that he would want us to hide all traces of alcohol in the house.

• jgnat
    jgnat

You do see my point, Heathen, that a husband should not be directing his wife on how much makeup to put on? The poor woman will be wiping and wondering forever.

I am equally disgusted when I see a wife dressing her husband, right down to his underwear.

Sure, if they ask, provide a tactful opinion. Otherwise, let them be who they are.

Even Tammy Faye. If she toned it down now, nobody would see her.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

jgnat

In the skit I saw, the husband gently guides his submissive wife to the thought that perhaps she should wear less makeup, in order not to "stumble" their new friends.

Yes my DC covered this (dress and grooming) in the same skit as the 'wine rack'. What was interesting to me was that the wife was already 'DC ready' with her makup and dress. How was she supposed to get any more conservative??

Blondie

I wonder if they mentioned a group number limit? Congregation/book study talent shows

Yes they rehashed the guidelines in the WT 8/15/92 pg 19
    1) someone be designated as responsible for party
    2) not serve alchohol if stumble, and always in moderation
    3) music & dancing clean
    4) parents may choose check on party host and group (reputation) and may even need to be present

shamus

It just amazes me that people can listen to that stuff and say it doesn't sound like horseshat.

Worse, it sounded like horseshat scraped off a manuscript.

• heathen
    heathen

jgnat--- I think the next move they will make is probly making all women wear a veil like the moslems do . Who knows maybe some guys are alergic to certain chemicals in the make up the make these days . Some guys may feel threatened in the sense that the wife is trying to draw too much attention to themselves . We are all too familiar with the shifty elders in the congregation and their questionable integrity when it comes to fidelity .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit