Walk with God DC: My Notes SAT AFT

by ezekiel3 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Oh my GAWD,,,,,,,, I think I shall.......!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok i got made right away on this thread, with the first skit about moving into a congregation of PRUDES,,,,that are offended by alcohol , wine in the home right?

Well would they be offended if Jesus cracked open a bottle of merlot? I think not!!

It is the societies way of telling people that the prudes in this case are the ones to be catered too. Either having wine in your home is right or it is wrong. Why would they get up there and do a demo of the homeowner JW's having to HIDE their stash , to spare someone eles' conscience?

How many good JW's ( and I dont mean that sarcassticly) are going to go home and hide the beer , the wine when some of the JW's come over now? How many are going to feel guilty , like they may not have the higer standards as some JW's as they should? They are going to start questioning themselves on what they can do better. Guilt, guilt and more guilt by the WT!!!!!

It is like when the WT said ,,,,,,,,,"but we didnt SAY 1975 was going to be armeggedon,,,,,,,,,some just ASSUMED that it would be", so it is kind of like this with this skit to me.

WT......." But we didnt SAY you should NOT have alcohol in your home , that is a conscience matter "

Sounds like double talk to me as usual.

• heathen
    heathen

LyinEyes--- I would probly attend a meeting if they served some wine or beer . The bible does condemn drunkards but not alchohol .

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

> Couple decides not to serve or drink alcohol during gatherings at their house and to move their wine rack from the dining room to the bedroom.

The WTS keeps on educating the JW to become (stay) hypocrites.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Thanks for the assembly coverage! I've been caged of late, and couldn't get to the festivals. Did I get it right - instead of passing around a few jugs of Ripple and Mad Dog, one should prepare amanita tea with honey, chilled in Grolsch bottles (excuse me - fanta bottles) and get a signed release from the "Breathren" before serving?

• Pole
    Pole
    1999 def of ?disgusting thing?,

Meaning the UN?

• jgnat
    jgnat

In the skit I saw, the husband gently guides his submissive wife to the thought that perhaps she should wear less makeup, in order not to "stumble" their new friends.

• jgnat
    jgnat

In the skit I saw, the husband gently guides his submissive wife to the thought that perhaps she should wear less makeup, in order not to "stumble" their new friends.

• minimus
    minimus

What's new with "worship with spirit and truth"??///////Yes, JWs are SHOWN HOW to live a double life----all in the name of not stumbling someone.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

OH my Gawd!!!!! Jgnat..........talk about the Stepford wives!!!!!!! again,,,,,,,this icon fits........!!!

• blondie
    blondie

There was a CO's wife that wore enough makeup for 5 women and she challenged anybody to say anything to her. No one dared, not even her husband. She dressed differently but her eyes looked like this.

Most men can't tell if you have makeup on or not. I can remember a brother ranting about makeup; then I said, "I have makeup on." He looked more closely and said, "I can't see it." "That's the point," I said. True story and he stopped ranting.

If men think makeup is not natural, then they should stop shaving since it is obvious God meant men to have beards.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit