The Six Planes of Higher Consciousness???????

by frankiespeakin 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

C&P I find this interesting not saying it is correct just interesting:

http://www.mysticism.net/print/planes.htm

The Mystic's Life Lesson #4

The Six Planes of Higher Consciousness

On the day you thoughtfully turn the direction of your life toward higher consciousness and yearn to discover the consciousness that created and sustains you, you will begin the greatest adventure of your life. On that day the motive and the quest of your life are both changed. You no longer live for yourself but for something greater than you. You no longer are driven by the motive for personal gratification but for lasting fulfillment and personal transformation.

Your adventure in higher consciousness will test you, as well as thrill and satisfy you. Many times you may feel fearful as you stand before unknown dimensions of higher consciousness. Your mind, trying to guess what is about to happen, will never be adequate. Its presumptions are too limited and too predicated on previous experience in the outer world. Your emotions will be stretched beyond the normal comfort level, stretched until they can maintain universal love and revel in the ecstasy of pure being.

Your adventure requires your courage ? more courage than you think you've got. You will also have to endure, to hang on and persevere, longer than you think you can.

You will need faith. At times it may seem faith is the only thing remaining to you. You will be tempted to let go of your faith and slide back to the turning point where you can forget about higher consciousness and your quest.

There is a need to be kind, especially to yourself. Your harsh judgments about yourself and the path can cause too many doubts and certain failure.

You need to be energetic and strong. The weak do not persevere and they give up pitifully early.

You will also need to be humble. There are times you may feel you don't have enough strength and wisdom to continue, times you desperately need inspiration, guidance, and strength from above.

Your journey through the stages of the heart, as it grows from the dark state to the clean, has been described in Stages of Mental/Emotional Awakening. It's very important to keep these stages of mental/emotional awakening in mind as reliable guideposts of your voyage. However, it's also very important to know the following levels of awareness which you will likely experience as you come home to your higher consciousness and become enabled to live in it as a new person.

As soon as you turn within and begin your adventure you experience an all-important realization which hopefully you never forget:

1 ? Transcendence

Having made the significant redirection of your life, of your purpose and goals, you experience, in the quiet of the night, or looking out at the world through calm eyes, that the material world is essentially spirit. The material world is essentially conscious energy. While the world seems very dense and solid, this solidity is only a beautiful power of spirit and higher consciousness to make itself dense, "to crystallize" itself and occupy time and space. You, by one means or another, receive the conviction or revelation that the external world is made up of an essence or an energy which you can perceive or feel. This essence is also the primary substance, or the essential reality, of everyone and everything that exists. You realize that your nature, your personal nature, is essentially conscious energy or spirit. This you behold with your own superconscious sight; and the world, you find, has never seemed so beautiful as it now appears. You see both the hard, physical forms and the subtle plays of essence and energy within and around all living things and every object, big or small.

Realizing for once, and hopefully forever, that the physical world is truly what physicists say ? energy ? you have a new attitude about the entire universe. You realize how fluid and how changeable your world can be with the right application of consciousness. You see that your thoughts and feelings are plays of energy and that they do have an impact, an interplay, with the vast universe. Your thoughts and feelings, as well as your actions, are interrelated with the way the world is now and the way it is becoming in the future.

Many people, you realize, take hallucinogenic drugs in the hope of catching a glimpse of this energy and consciousness which you now ? with the feeling of being at home ? behold so calmly and naturally.

In this perception of the essence and energy within all living things and within all objects, you perceive more deeply how faith works. Faith brings about a change in circumstances. It causes change because all things and all people are rooted in, have their essence in, this same energy ocean. Here, in the unity of spirit, each person directs his convictions and activates his faith about a life and world that can be. A prayer or act of faith becomes a powerful movement in one part of the ocean of consciousness which then (or simultaneously) acts upon the consciousness and energy in another place, person, or situation.

You also see how important it is for your health to relax in the consciousness of the higher subtle energy so this dynamic force may most easily heal and rejuvenate the body which, after all, is truly a product of consciousness and energy.

Many who have this first experience of higher consciousness consider themselves enlightened and cannot conceive of higher levels of awareness beyond this staggering view of reality: that everything is consciousness and life is essentially conscious energy.

http://www.mysticism.net/print/planes.htm

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

hmm...you can easily achieve such things using drugs available at your local waterfront

lostreality - of the representing the drug dealers union local 354 class

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

LR,

I know,,it's a bumpy road but it seems to smooth out some how. Have you tryed listening to shamanic music I think that has a lot of power to slow down brain waves and induce transe states.

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

im not really big on trancing. I do enjoy creating lucid dreams however.

it helps to have a dream journal that you write in every morning before you forget your dreams. This helps you recognize dreams from reality...by doing seeing the difference, you can adjust dreams to suit what you want, knowing that they are only dreams.

the trick is to not wake up.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali
    On the day you thoughtfully turn the direction of your life toward higher consciousness and yearn to discover the consciousness that created and sustains you, you will begin the greatest adventure of your life. On that day the motive and the quest of your life are both changed. You no longer live for yourself but for something greater than you. You no longer are driven by the motive for personal gratification but for lasting fulfillment and personal transformation.

All of this begs the question, who are you? Who does or does not do all of this? One thing that is pretty obvious is a lot of writing of this type and of others who are so supposedly advanced basically points to the same sense of self as anybody else, it's evident from the usage of language. While the ideas may be about higher consciousness, if you read between the lines it's clear what is being written is coming from the same consciousness as Joe Schmoe off the street. Joe may have taken a spiritual name, usually in another language, and taken on some path - but it's basically the same old Joe, dressed in different clothes. It's spiritual seeker Ken/Barbie, traveling in the astral realm!

LR said:

you can adjust dreams to suit what you want, knowing that they are only dreams.

the trick is to not wake up.

Ahh, isn't it though? Of course you are aware to an extent when it is a lucid dream, but some people seem to be more into being an advanced dreamer (or an important dream character) than in waking up. (of course I'm not talking about the dreams when we go to sleep at night here) It brings to mind the words of Kalu Rinpoche:

'You live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality. You are that reality. But you do not know this. When you understand this, you will see that you are nothing. And being nothing, you are everything. That is all.'

p.s. I am not checking this board these days, so private messages are best and email if ou know it.

• Robdar
    Robdar

The only problem I have with posts like the one that you have quoted is that they do not warn the seeker of the dangers involved in trying to move too fast.

Knowing yourself is the first step of preparation. The answers will only come from within.

All of this begs the question, who are you? Who does or does not do all of this? One thing that is pretty obvious is a lot of writing of this type and of others who are so supposedly advanced basically points to the same sense of self as anybody else, it's evident from the usage of language. While the ideas may be about higher consciousness, if you read between the lines it's clear what is being written is coming from the same consciousness as Joe Schmoe off the street. Joe may have taken a spiritual name, usually in another language, and taken on some path - but it's basically the same old Joe, dressed in different clothes. It's spiritual seeker Ken/Barbie, traveling in the astral realm!

The difference between this person and Joe Schmoe is that the person who wrote this has made concertated effort to understand. Sure it's the same consciousness but you, me or Joe Schmoe can choose to ignore it.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I spoke too soon. Another big problem I have with these sorts of messages is that the messenger completely dismisses the earthly plane--as if it isn't important but it is. These authors dismiss as "unenlightened" or "materialists" those people who enjoy the gifts of the earth.

Let the reader beware.

Robyn

• El blanko
    El blanko
    I spoke too soon. Another big problem I have with these sorts of messages is that the messenger completely dismisses the earthly plane--as if it isn't important but it is.

I agree. This is essentially Eastern mysticism, which teaches that the highest state is nothingness. Everything being divisible upon itself until nothingness is achieved and then the highest state. The reductive view of the so-called enlightened guru.

I watched a program yestersay where a Brahman in India was blessing motorcars before their first journey out onto the congested highway. So much for his training eh? He had managed through discipline to attain priestly status and presumably considers himself to be close to Brahma, yet misses the point. India is becoming increasingly one of the worst offenders within global pollution and yet this guru projects blessings upon a tool of destruction.

I know that is an odd example perhaps, but it shows how a sense of self awareness does not always lead to a truly enlightened state. For this priest at least, was behaving like a blinkered, materialistic, fool.

Attending to the problems within the material world is far more important than deglect based around a selfish desire to ascend to the Godhead.

That is why, to me, the message of the God of the Bible always made more sense. Destroy those who are destroying the world !

• Robdar
    Robdar

El Blanko,

I appreciate your points.

I think that many on this path do not pay attention to the physical world thinking that they will not need it once they become enlightened.

What is the use of seeing the "kingdom" if we do not manifest it physically? I guess it's easier to eat mind candy and feel good about ourselves instead of bringing what we know into physical manifestation--that's a little harder to do. IMO, that is our mission: to manifest into the physical plane all that we have experienced in the higher. If God would have wanted us on another plane, he would have put us there. Instead, he put us here to be co-creators.

Edited to add: my remarks above are not meant to say that we shouldn't explore these other planes. Nor is it to say that we cant travel between them. We are spiritual and physical beings after all. The whole idea of we are going to a better place is offensive to me because in a sense, it means that we are shirking our responsibilities here.

• El blanko
    El blanko
    The whole idea of we are going to a better place is offensive to me because in a sense, it means that we are shirking our responsibilities here.

Indeed.

Forget about Sudan, we have the Astral-light to look forward to !

We are physical beings, made to be so, pure and simple. Five senses to explore and a mind and heart that is truly expansive within this physical realm of being. What else do we really need?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit