When did you think Armageddon would come?

by comment 51 Replies latest jw friends

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I was pretty sure that 1986 the "Year of Peace and Security" declared by the UN was going to be it.

I most have been a pretty stupid kid, because I was never afraid of it. I never really thought about what it would actually mean until I started posting here.

Slipnslidemaster: "While we are postponing, life speeds by."
    - Seneca

• Black Man
    Black Man

I thought Armageddon would be here by the turn of the century. Millenium came and went and............nothing. The flip-flop on the generation issue 5 years before kinda took the wind outta my sails well before that.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Are you guys out of patience? LOL...

• LDH
    LDH

No Fred we not all out of patience. We have a whole apostate life to live.

It seem me JW the ones who want 6 billion people dead tomorrow.

Including you. Maybe you should out in service count some real time because Jehovah know you using the internet to witness.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

LDH,

I don't want any to die.

• comment
    comment

1975 was reasonably highly anticipated in my area, from what I understand, but not as much as some of the other posters have described. I do know, though, that some sisters who were due to bear children that year were criticized ("Woe to the pregnant woman" etc.).

comment

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Englishman,

Be optimistic, old son! Pompey's headed for great things. You've got Harry in charge now. If nothing else, you'll enjoy his laconic humour! BTW you're the same age as Harry. Poor thing used to be very athletic when he was a great player. Oh well, invite him to that pub of yours!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"Truth persuades by teaching, but does not teach by persuading."
    TERTULLIAN, Adversus Valentinianos

• Tina
    Tina

Greetings,
    I have to admit that the fear of the Big A was so entrenched into my psyche, that thru out my childhood and into early adulthood anytime a violent thunderstorm occured I trembled and thought A. was beginning.
    The scripture 'no one knows the day or hour' filled me with anxiety and terror . Made for a real crappy childhood.

It's taken a long time for me to not tremble when thunder roars. regards,T

• TR
    TR

I definately believed we would not make it past 2000. Someone pinch me, I must be dreaming.

TR

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every
    form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson*

• Tina
    Tina

OK (pinches Tr and runs away) lol hugs,Tina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit