Beck's beer = best beer

by doogie 19 Replies latest jw friends

• doogie
    doogie

i'll tell you why:

the german purity law. no preservatives. which means no hangover. i downed a 6er last night and feel fantastic today. god bless the germans!

i defy anyone to find a better beer than beck's. (guiness doesn't count...it's in a category by itself: "beer that drinks like a meal." ah, if there's one thing the irish know, it's how to make a glorious brew!)

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

>god bless the germans!

Thankyou. :-)

• talesin
    talesin

We have some Canadian brews like that, and I agree! Clancy's is my fav, although I'm not generally a beer drinker.

By the way, didja know that typical North American commercial brew contains many chemicals, including formaldehyde? ick!

Hey, doogie, imagine going to Germany for a REAL Oktoberfest! Wouldn't that be a good time. Lotsa the good stuff for sampling. :)

• doogie
    doogie
    Hey, doogie, imagine going to Germany for a REAL Oktoberfest! Wouldn't that be a good time. Lotsa the good stuff for sampling. :)

mmm...free samples...(gurgle)...

yeah, i've heard the formaldehyde thing too. i think it was budweiser. crazy.

"Hey, it keeps corpses fresh and lifelike...why not our beer? What's the worst that could happen?..."

• GermanXJW
  • doogie
    doogie
    http://www.oktoberfest.de/

now that's a party. i'm thinking of having my own oktoberfest this weekend. you're all invited. who wants to bring the beer?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Doogie,

Two words...HEFFE WEISE...Beats BECK all to hell. But yes, God bless those Germans and their beer.

By the way, it's not really the "additives" that cause hangovers...though they can extenuate them more. Hangovers are brought on by toxin build up as the body tries to process the alcohol. Right after consumption alcohol is metabolized into a toxin before it breaks down further...drink too much and the system gets backed up.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I agree - nothing at all beats German Beer - it is wonderful

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I like Budweiser and Rolling Rock. Really. Good old American macro-brews.

• outflow
    outflow

Heineken > all

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit