In All Honesty, Are You A Happier Person Now Than when You Were A JW?

by minimus 70 Replies latest jw friends

• unique1
    unique1

I don't have to see a shrink anymore, so I would have to say YES, I AM MUCH HAPPIER!!

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

YES I am much happier now than I was when I was a jw, in almost all aspects of my life.

There are two in which I am not as happy. This is caused by the wbts and their "you must hate" all non believers who were once jw's.

Outoftheorg

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz
    Really i have never met a happy jw, i mean really happy

No kidding, seems they have soooo many problems. I think they do it all to themselves to prove their persecution.

As for me I keep waiting for the time when I end up in the gutter begging to be taken back. Hasnt happened yet, but I suppose I shouldnt jinx myself.

Am I a happier person now as oppose to then? *does my little happy dance*

• Balsam
    Balsam

Doogie,

How long have you been out? Have you made an effort to find like minded folks perhaps at EX-Jehovah's Witness MEETUP that they have once a month. It's a great support system if you can link up with them in your town or a neighboring one.

You sound to me like your on the mend though. Hang in there, heads up know your not alone.

Balsam

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Although I haven't left physically, ever since I left mentally, I'm more accepting of people and people of me because I don't have this self-righteous/always preaching attitude.

I get so many more things done around my house. I still need even more time to really dedicate myself to my gardening and house upkeep.

Being somewhat of a loner also makes me happier to be out of this pretentious organization that thrives on large gatherings and constant social events.

I look forward to to the day when I send in my DA letter. It'll be glorious indeed.

DY

• Balsam
    Balsam

I am 100% happier now than 3 years ago. I am healing from my son's death, my new husband is a wonderful loving man and I have the love of my two wonderful sons. Both sons are out of the witnesses and living life more happily too.

As a JW I had happy times too, had a miserable marriage though. My boys though were treasured. I enjoyed door to door work, loved it when people would talk to me and get me to thinking. I had some good friends in the JW back then, though I've lost them all. Its ok though, I have better friends now.

Life I know from all I've heard is good after leaving the JW's, and what they say is just not true about us. The Brothers keep people in fear feeding all kinds of horror stories about those who leave and what happens to them.

Balsam

• Purza
    Purza

Yes! Life is good. Although there are still "good" days and "bad" days, I am much happier overall.

Purza

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

I'm truly happier now, but frankly, it has taken some time.

I spent decades as a dedicated, true-blue believing Witness, so it is not surprising that it has taken several years to sort of "get the thing out of my system".

Like others here, I've had to make a whole new set of friends, it was hard at first, but I've got the hang of it just fine now .....what a shock to find out that "worldly" types are not all rotten people.....what a shock to find "worldly" parents who try their best to be good dads and moms, who work hard, spend time with their families, don't commit adultery or get drunk every weekend, etc. etc. That "realization" has added to my current happiness.

Learning to enjoy other's personalities as individuals, and to get rid of any "judging" views has also added to my happiness.

Finally, perhaps the most important happiness I've got nowadays is being happy with me, not going day after day feeling like I was no good, never quite measuring up, etc. Many here know exactly what I'm talking about...

My two cents

---Dan

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I'm much happier now than I ever was for over 30 years as a JW and I have to agree with kls.

Really i have never met a happy jw, i mean really happy.

Misery loves company and the ones still in that I know don't seem to have any kind of life or real friends.

HappyDad

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I feel like a warm blanket has been drawn over me... and I get more snuggly every year I'm out. The "freinds" I "lost" did'nt give a fiddlers F***k about me anyway. The time in was causing a lot of mental conflict.... and so much for the "leave and go bannanas" hype they fill you with.

I am just as sane as ever.... and live a life that is fair and moral with all those I come in contact with. Plus, I have learned the word "no"- the most important word in English.

So If God, dog, YHWH or whoever else runs the cosmos wants to send me to the "pit"-have at it. I'm not a fundie Jesus freak, but the 2 laws he left are more than enough for me.

"That's all I have to say about that."- Forrest Gump

----------------Hillbilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit