Older sisters and long hair- now a no-no?

by Sadie5 29 Replies latest jw friends

• wednesday
    wednesday

that was very interesting Talesin, shame this is not n a thread where the title would clearly indicate what i asked and u answered.

this is a subject i have often thought about, seems so much energy is focused on controlling women. the bible talks about our menses, childbirth, intercourse, being barren, being a jezebel, on and on. the muslim religion really goes way out to control women, covering their bodies. women until our recent century were rarely educated, and punished much more severly for adultry. among a lot of fundy religions, jws , women are a thing men must worry about and guard against. we are just out ther waitng to take a young mans soul.

yoni, wonder if the musicain got his name from that?

• Pinned Blouse
    Pinned Blouse

Elsewhere,

However, I have seen plenty of JW women with beards

Yuck! LOL

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    He said it was up to the husband what length their wives hair was.

Yep and my jwexhusband still broods to this day because he never had that level of control over me. And the poor sap thinks he should have THAT kind of control over a wife. Gee, I wonder why he hasn't even had one date since I left him three years ago.

Oh yeah, women are going to line up for a guy who will decide for you how long your hair should be. To men with that aspiration: go stuff yourselves.

Flyin'

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

What a crock! she should have told that brother to get bent! the nerve of people telling you how to style your own hair. I would have writtent the WT society and threatened to withhold all donations until this brother apologized. Dave

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

They'll take my hair when they pry it from my cold dead... um... forehead... or something like that. Anyway, one more reason to ignore the dubs.

CZAR

• Xandria
    Xandria
    omg........what next?

Well Codeblue.. they can tell you which hand to use when wiping.

X.

• blondie
    blondie

I think in Muslim cultures, the left hand is designated for that only.

Blondie

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

we had an elder who wouldnt let his wife shave her legs or pits..

he thought it made her look "european" she thought he was an ass but did what he wanted so as to be a submissive wife

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

I thought women were not supposed to cut their hair. and why do they tell the men to cut their hair and beard but depict Jesus in every book with having hair and beard...Hmmmmm

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

This would be considered under 'intruding' in a person's private life.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit