from another Bible help please..

by strawpuppy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• chappy
    chappy

Ever listened to "pastor" Arnold Murray? This guy's as offbeat as they come, but he knows his Bible! He can quote almost any bible verse from memory. Also, for example, if he's asked a question like where in the bible does it say "And God raised up the Lord and will also raise us up by His power." He'll think for a second and say 1 Cor. 6:14. Just because he's got a great memory doesn't mean his interpritations are any more correct than anyone else.

• rocketman
    rocketman
    Yes, JWs do go and research your questions. Do you know how they do it? Do you think they go home and use Strong's Concordance, or any theological reference work? No, they go home and look in the Watchtower Society's unreferenced materials, written by men who are neither trained, nor scholars, nor objective. If the JW looking for this answer cannot find it within the pages of books and magazines published by the Watchtower Society Corporation, do you think they turn to their bibles themselves and consider the text, context and history to arrive at an interpretation? No, they call someone who is a better searcher through the Watchtower's books and magazines. If they still hit a dead end, do they go to the nearest Theology Library and do a little digging? Well, most likely at that point they would give up and conveniently "forget" to return to speak with you.

Odrade, that's the best summary I've read on jw "research" techniques in quite some time.

strawpuppy, welcome to the board. Though this seems a bit of a rough start, hang in and you'll find that the people here do a lot of thorough research and can provide another side to some of the things that jws tell you. Then, make your choices as to which explanations you want to accept.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Hi Straw and welcome.

The JW's bible interpretation allows elders to cover-up child molestors within each congregation. Take a look at this link for more information www.silentlambs.org

Devon

• strawpuppy
    strawpuppy

Appologies for being silent so long, I have been camping up in the mountains and have just returned....Knackered.....!

Thanks for all your posts...jgnat....Thanks a lot...Your post was just great, I hope you do not mind but I copied and posted it back on that other forum..

http://www.hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15337&page=1&pp=10

Also thanks to....Double Edge....for the great photo....

It seems many of you are very hurt, and understandably so....I wish I could wave a magic wand and make all your hurt go away......"I really do".....

Somehow I've managed to find a little place called happiness and contentment within myself,...though that does not mean I am immune from hurting still.....

I do not believe that there is one "fix it thing" that can solve all problems...But, one thing for me that worked was: "I faced my ghost's, and all I found was I facing was myself".....And hey..!...I'm a really nice person, and I have the freedom to make my life up anyway I want...and I choose to be nice and tolerant, and yes I am big enough to overcome the nasty bullies that emotional try to shipwreck me....

Love you all

strawpuppy

• shotgun
    shotgun

Welcome strawpuppy

I think you'll find that just because someone does alot of talking or has answers for every question it does not mean much unless the answers are true, verifiable and based on facts. ...We have a motto on this forum...I'd rather have questions that I can't answer than answers that I can't question.

BTW I'm glad you have found a happy spot and when you find that magic wand let me know.

And the Lord said to me, "This gate shall be shut; it shall not open, and no man shall enter by it, because the Lord God of Israel has entered by it; therefore it shall be shut. As for the prince, because he is the prince, he may sit in it to eat bread before the Lord; he shall enter by way of the vestibule of gateway , and go out the same way" (Ezekiel 44:1-3). In other words, this gate is reserved for the entrance of the coming messiah.
    I couldn't remember reading this before but it explains why C.T Russell had such a hell of time predictiing Jesus return...he was in the freakin Vestibule..It's always the last place you look!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit