from another Bible help please..

by strawpuppy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• strawpuppy
    strawpuppy

I have a post from another forum that I am very interested in, BUT, I would love to hear a few of your views on the subject.

I am now going to dig into my bible to have a look to see what he is talking about, but I know that the view of Jehovah's witnesses is about as close to the best intereptation of the bible there is...This is the post....

"-The Eastern or Golden Gate, which was sealed for almost a 1200 years is a key part to Bible prophecy. Ezekiel recorded the prophecy about the closing of this gate. He told how the Lord brought him to the Eastern Gate.

And the Lord said to me, "This gate shall be shut; it shall not open, and no man shall enter by it, because the Lord God of Israel has entered by it; therefore it shall be shut. As for the prince, because he is the prince, he may sit in it to eat bread before the Lord; he shall enter by way of the vestibule of gateway, and go out the same way" (Ezekiel 44:1-3). In other words, this gate is reserved for the entrance of the coming messiah.

After twelve centuries of being sealed, attempts have been made twice in this century to open the Eastern Gate. The first was in 1917 and the second fifty years later in 1967. Muslim leaders in control of Jerusalem tried and failed to break the prophecy and open the gate. Each time, on the exact day the workmen were preparing to demolish the ancient stone, the hand of God intervened and the city of Jerusalem passed of Muslim control into hands of British in 1917 and the israelis in 1967. Each time, the Eastern Gate remained sealed as the prophet declared it would. Habakkuk explaines that prophecy must be fulfilled: "Write the vision and make it plain in tablets, that he may run who reads it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries wait for it; because it will surely come. It will not tarry" (Habakkuk 2:2-3) (Jefferey, Messiah-1991"

"All these hot shot atheist in this Christian forum, I call them out and they don't show"

Thanks in advice for any help that would be gratefully recieved...

strawpuppy

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain
    I am now going to dig into my bible to have a look to see what he is talking about, but I know that the view of Jehovah's witnesses is about as close to the best intereptation of the bible there is...

Lemme guess, a Jehovah's Witness told you that.

BTW, if you want to know why I said that, look at the number underneeth my avatar. No, not 22, 606.

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar
    I know that the view of Jehovah's witnesses is about as close to the best intereptation of the bible there is...

I couldn't even finish reading all that bibley gobbeldy gook. I can't help you with that. But I can help you with the above statement. How do you "know" that? Keep reading this site and you will learn A LOT about the JW's. You can also try Quotes.com.

Good luck with the information you are looking for.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    but I know that the view of Jehovah's witnesses is about as close to the best intereptation of the bible there is...

How do you know this? Have you heard every interpretation of the bible there is? Me neither so I would reserve judgemnt. Usually we say "this is the best interpretation" even though we have never heard any other interpretatio, I did this with the Rev- grand climax book...I look back now and think...gaaawd how could I?

The adventist are just as good at putting thier twist on things but nothing amazes me more than reading the Old CTRussell interpretation of things and seeing how clever he was and how they then replaced the interpretations with a totally different meaning and they still sounded clever.

• strawpuppy
    strawpuppy

Sorry no.....I'm probably Agnostic: 1 ag·nos·tic.....Pronunciation: ag-'näs-tik, &g-
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Greek agnOstos unknown, unknowable, from a- + gnOstos known, from gignOskein to know .
    : a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and prob. unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god,

but...if I do need to question anything to do with the bible....The clearest definition, and closest to what I think is the correct interpretation comes from the JW..

I learn't that by asking a lot of questions...

It's a shame this forum seems devoted to people (at the expense of the witnesses) using it as a sounding board for something they dislike.

Chill out...Tolerance...

Love you all

strawpuppy

• Brummie
    Brummie

BTW strawpuppy, I forgot to say ///

Welcome aboard

Hope I didnt sound like I was attacking, I was just sharing how I used to think along similar lines.

Brummie

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Um, dude, we're all ex witnesses, so I think we have a right to discuss, and yes even disparage, that which we have known our whole lives.

• Odrade
    Odrade

so... you are agnostic, believing that the existence of god is unknown and unknowable, yet you KNOW that JWs have the best interpretation of a document that claims to KNOW who god is, and what he is like...

I am SO LOL... ( i think...)

• prgirl79
    prgirl79

1) Ok your agnostic, but can still say that jw's have the best interpretation you obviously haven't done much research!!

2) you also don't know what jw's have done to others their shunning people, losing their lives for refusing blood transfusions, and the list goes on ever heard of a cult well that is what they are !! so i think they have the right to discuss it besides isn't this what this forum is for!!!!!!!!!!

• strawpuppy
    strawpuppy

For one they are always very eager to talk...which is a bonus when you hate imposing on others, but really want to dig into a topic...

For two, they do not "come the priest" like many other Christian ministers....

For three, they always try to find the answer out...unlike some other Christain ministers who before the question gets finished throw up their hands in submission..

Awww you know what I mean..there are so many interpretations...They just seem to know every inch of the Bible, and it is easier for me to sort it out and understand the answers from the way they tell it...

Does this help..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit