Would You Go Back To A Kingdom Hall For A Funeral or Wedding?

by minimus 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Can't imagine that anybody is asking me, but when it is a dear friend, I think I will go to the funeral, not the service in the KH.

For a wedding ? no way. don't have relatives there and don't know anybody important enough (for me).

• minimus
    minimus

SpecialK, I looked thru your topics and I didn't see anything.

• Purza
    Purza

I have already thought about this since my parents are getting up there. My answer is NO. Not for a wedding or a funeral. My dad does not speak to me while we are both alive -- so I am sure he would prefer it if I were not there to "remember" him.

For me, there is too much emotional stress involved when I step foot inside a KH. I would rather not put myself through that.

Purza

• RR
    RR

Going to a Kingdom Hall is the same as going to a funeral in my book!

• minimus
    minimus

and it's the same as being in a "company" or "ecclesia".

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

As much as I totally respect the opinions of others here who feel differently, I would go to these events, in a heartbeat. I left behind some dear friends at the hall, not to mention family members. These are people I love unconditionally, even if they are under too much cult influence to return my love in kind. I just could not turn my back on the people I care about, merely to make a point about how I feel about their religion.

I suppose that, if I were specifically asked not to attend, I'd have to respect the family's wishes, otherwise I would only cause hurt feelings on a special day. However, if invited, I would show up on time, dressed modestly, and politely sit through the talk, just as I would if I had to attend an event at Catholic church (where the rest of my family attends). It all comes down to being polite, and not shunning those whom I don't want to be shunned by.

• franklin J
    franklin J

yes, I already have. For a funeral service.

My deflector sheilds held up brilliantly. I left the KH that nite with freedom written all over me! No issues what so ever.

• minimus
    minimus

Hey Frank, we gotta touch base. I'll be in NYC at the end of the month.

• franklin J
    franklin J

drop a line min, when you will be in town....

Anyone else out there want to join us in NYC drop a PM to one of us....

• blondie
    blondie

No and no. I would send a card/flowers for a funeral though (and have) and send a card for a wedding.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit