Would You Go Back To A Kingdom Hall For A Funeral or Wedding?

by minimus 81 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Let's say one of your relatives either died or invited you to a wedding at a Hall, would you go?

• Special K
    Special K

Hi Minimus

I think already did this one a while back..

but there are lots of new ones here who might like to think and comment on it again.

I'm listening.

Special K

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

I would certanily go back for a funeral, if it were a relative (I don't have any close friends still inside, just relatives). A wedding.. well, in the astronomically unlikely event my kids ever decided to be witnesses, maybe, otherwise no.

• Atilla
    Atilla

No, not even to my parents funeral. I can just imagine how it would go down. I would be there and some old JW friend would come up and ask if I was coming back, and then I would have kick his ass right there in the Kingdom Hall for trying to use my parents death as a way to witness to me. If no one tried that, then I'm sure I would get upset by the fact that the speaker only spent a few minutes on my parents life and I would have kick his ass right there in the KH. I guess I should just stay away.

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

Wedding definitely no!!! A funeral it depends on who it is or how well I knew them when I was a JW. Recently a JW that was close friends with my family died. She was part-owner with my step-mother's CLEANING SERVICE(JW staple job), but anyway when I was still in the borg(new word I picked up in here) I used to work with her everyday. So I knew her pretty well. I would have went to the KH for her funeral oops memorial service but they had it at a funeral home. My guess for them having it there was because her death was so sudden and JW's from maybe the whole circuit/district was gonna be there and they wanted to make sure there was enough room. It was a rather large crowd but even amongst all the people that was there I was the only one getting all the weird looks like I wasn't supposed to be there. I was saddened by her death and pissed off at the same time for not being able to let her daughter (who I used to babysit for after school while the mothers were off cleaning) know that I was there for her or even to just ask if she needed something. Anyway, its over and done with now. But it truly depends on who dies and how well I know them.... Wedding...no way jose!!!!!!

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Funeral: Absolutely! My whole family consists of JWs, so when they die it'll most like be in a KH and I will be there.

Wedding: I doubt I will be invited to my brothers' weddings, but if I am invited, I will be there.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I can't imagine doing that for any reason.

If the congregation chooses to have a service for Mom, when she dies, they can do so. The family will have our own. Already decided.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Fortunately I have gotten to the point where people in my life know me well enough to not expect me to attend any social functions with that much.. ohhh... denseness of mind, so I don't foresee any such invitations. But if somehow that does come up, all I can say is if they preach to me they're going to have someone talking back with some potentially disturbing questions.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

nope

I would go to the reception, get drunk and make a huge scene.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

I believe I would, to pay my respects to the dear departed/happy couple.

I would not make a scene or try to crash the wedding reception - not so much from politeness but because I simply don't care any more.

GentlyFeral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit