?Sweet Revenge?

by Cassiline 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Just out of the JWs I had a town house I rented. I was moving into another home and the landlord was scum. When I moved he charged me for every little thing which was already broken or malfunctioning when I moved in and also charged me for hairline cracks in a 50 year old porcine bathtubs and sinks ( which already existed prior to my move in) The list goes on and on.

I had completed a move in report but being naïve I thought you only wrote down things that the landlord needed to fix such as not working outlets, ceiling fans and toilets.

Long and short of it he said I owed him 1,300 dollars for repainting and repairs ( which I found out later the landlord must repaint at his expense if the occupant was in occupancy for more than three years) Oh and BTW one of these repairs I owed him for was damage to the shed which was struck by a tree which toppled in a storm.

Anyway he threatened me with everything from poor credit to suing court. I signed the paper ( because I was far from savvy in these areas at the time) under duress saying I would repay him in monthly installments of 300.00 a month until paid off.

After I signed such I found out he did this to all of his renters and I also found out I was on the right side of the law?until I signed the paper promising repayment. To get a lawyer was out of the question as I was a newly single parent and could not afford such.

My revenge?

Each month I showed up at his office with 300 dollars in pennies which I purchased from the bank and unwrapped each roll. Pillow case upon pillow case (because of weight) I carried into his office and dumped onto his desk. This was before the days of the little money machines where you can dump coin and it will count it for you.

He was pissed and said I had to pay him in real money and I replied this is legal tender?have fun you penny pinching maggot! After the second month of my doing the same he called me and said he would lower my cost to him from 1300 dollars to 700 dollars if I would pay the last installment of 100 in paper money. I agreed if he were to put it in writing-- which he did.

Last installment? Lot's (I can?t remember the exact amount I bought from the bank) of Mexican paper Peso?s which equaled 100 US dollars. I think his face is still as red as it was then when he realized he did not specify American paper money.

Any other Sweet revenge stories out there?

Cassi, sweet revenge class

• Brummie
    Brummie

I luuuurv this story

I havent got any to share for now, need to go sleep

Brummie

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

lol high five! That was smart and sweet revenge!

I dont know if taking money from the contribution baggie that was supposed to go the WWPWork to buy the kids ice cream counts.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Haha

S

• talesin
    talesin

Cassi,

I can't think of one off the top of my head (too tired), but I LIKE YOUR STYLE, GAL!

One of my pet peeves is slumlords! They are the scum of the earth, and prey on the poor. Good for you. That must have been verrrrry satisfying.

• Ciara
    Ciara

I liked your story.

The only time I ever got revenge was on an old boyfriend. He was cheating on me, so I pretended I wanted to screw, and then stuck a big gob of IcyHot in the condom and put it on him. While he was agonizing in the shower, I cleaned out all my things from his aptment and left without so much as a goodbye.

Ciara

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Hmmm... Not sure if this qualifies or not...

A long time ago... and far far away... in a different life - when I was a radio announcer...

I worked at a small town radio station that had about 6 employees. The boss was part owner, Mr. Edgar, and he was proud of his little radio station.

Everyone at the radio station got along very well.

Then one day, he hired a drifter. One of those DJ's that goes from small market to small market - never being really successful... but is, in his own mind.

He set up all sorts of new 'rules' for all of us to follow... and me - being new at this sort of thing... did so.

One day, the owner called me into his office - and told me...

"You aren't getting along with Ryan. I'm going to have to let you go. You have 2 weeks notice."

I had never been fired before... well... not in a while... and was kinda scared that I wouldn't find another job. Plus, it was news to me that I wasn't 'getting along' with Ryan.

I left his office a bit shell-shocked... but went out looking for another job as soon as I could.

I went to a small town nearby - within the week - and talked to the owners there. They asked a few questions, and I was honest with them - letting them know the reason that I was fired - as I knew it.

The man interviewing me said, "Oh. Bill Edgar. We know about him. No problem. When can you start?"

Well, I really still had a week to go at the other radio station, but since I was fired...

"Next Monday.", I said.

"Fine. We'll look for you then." he said.

This was on a Friday. I knew that I was supposed to open up and turn on the transmitter Saturday morning, but I figured that Mr. Edgar had 'earned' this one.

I went back and told everyone at the radio station 'goodbye'... except for Mr. Edgar, and that fella 'Ryan' who got me fired.

The DJ on duty that Friday evening - was a kid that was still in High School, and worked evenings at the radio station. He asked me, "What song do you want me to play for you?" as I shook his hand goodbye.

I thought about it, and replied, "Take this job and shove it."

"Okay.", he said, "I'll play it for you!"

I can still remember it. There I was... at the corner gas station, filling up my VW Beetle one last time in this small berg, smiling, as I heard Johnny Paycheck singing... "...Take this job, and shove it! I ain't workin here no more..."

I came to San Antonio that Friday night - and spent the evening at my girlfriends' home. Actually, I stayed overnight there.

The next morning, I remember getting up, stretching, looking outside, and wondering to myself... "Hmmm... I wonder if Mr. Edgar is up yet?"

I went back one last time to that small city, to close out my bank account, and then meandered by the radio station to see all of the group. Fortunately, Mr. Edgar - AND Ryan (the jerk) wasn't there.

The folks at the radio station were all laughing about my stunt. It seems that Mr. Edgar woke up that Saturday morning - to 'dead air'. Well, not quite accurate. More like 'dead carrier'. As his station was not on the air. At all. He had to get his clothes on and go turn it on himself. He was... pissed!

I had a very wide grin on my face when I heard that.

Yeah. I guess you could call it 'revenge'.

Regards,

Jim TX

• shotgun
    shotgun

Cassi

That's pretty incredible, first the pennies and then peso's...I think that's the best landlord revenge story I've ever heard.

• Special K
    Special K

Cassie

Hail and I bow to you.

That was just........sweet.

I read it out loud to my husband and older kids .. and they enjoyed it too....

Special K

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

WELL I GUESS YOU COULD CALL THIS REVENGE.

WHEN I FOUND OUT THIS ELDER HAD MOLESTED MY DAUGHTER AND COULDN'T GET ANY JW OR LEGAL ACTION, I WAS PISSED.

I WENT TO HIS HOUSE AND TRIED TO GET HIM TO SWING ON ME JUST ONCE. SO I WOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO DEFEND MYSELF AND WITH ANOTHER WITNESS TO BACK MY STORY UP. HE WAS TOO MUCH OF A COWARD AND THIS DIDN'T WORK.

SOME TIME LATER I CAME UPON SOME "PLAYBOY MAGAZINE" THAT HAD CARDS INSIDE WHERE ONE COULD ORDER A SUBSCRIPTION AND PAY WHEN THEY BILLED YOU.

SO THE NAME OF THIS PEDOPHILE AND A COUPLE OF OTHER JERKS APPEARED ON THESE CARDS WITH THE ADDRESS OF THE KD HALL THEY ATTENDED.

NEVER DID HEAR OF THE CONSEQUENCES IF ANY. MAYBE THEY ARE STILL IN THE KD HALL LIBRARIES.

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit