Can anyone help me? Loved one being torn away

by heart broken 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Gideon
    Gideon

IF YOU MARRY THIS PERSON HER MAIN OBJECTIVE WILL BE TO BRING YOU INTO THE ORGANIZATION. IF YOU DECIDED IT IS NOT FOR YOU , SHE WILL BE UNHAPPY AND YOU WILL BE TOO.

• jgnat
    jgnat

You are right, your loved on is being torn away. She may have to chose between you and the organization. Don't think this is your fault, this is the way the organization treats its members. The scripture they use to back up this doctrine is:

2 Corinthians 6:14 (NIV)Do Not Be Yoked With Unbelievers
    1 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

By the way, anybody who is NOT a Jehovah's Witness is considered an "unbeliever", as they believe that ALL religions besides their own are tainted with pagan practices.

I wish I could give you more positive advice, but this is the way it is.

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Any non-JW person planning on developing a relationship with a JW, is a train wreck waiting to happen. You're probably gonna do what you want to anyway (pursue her), but at least you have been warned. Anyway, this "love" thing you feel doesn't last, it's just life's way of perpetuating the species. When the lust of it is gone, you'll have nothing left but regret.

Find another girl.

• heart broken
    heart broken

Slow reply.

wow, long time since I made that post way back then... Thanks all who took the time to reply and incase you're wondering, we broke it off. I'm still utterly devastated by it and even thinking about her makes me incredibly sick.

For anyone whos curious, she has twisted my thoughts, and although before hand I may have been naive, and respectful of all religions... I now take the JW's as what they truly are: ignorant, blind and essentially; racist.

I let them know this everytime they call at my door.

heatbroken,

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Heartbroken

Im sorry your still hurting over this.Yes its an unusual (some would say disturbing)set of teachings they adhere to thats for sure.

It seems very crass to say it now,but i was pleased you both split up.It would have been a disaster.You can keep telling yourself that when you are in a great relationship with someone without all that terrible baggage!

Good luck to you my Friend and Happy Xmas ! (It still seems weird saying that..lol)

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

Sorry to hear that Heartbroken...but at least you found it all out before you got married and/or had children.

Chin up, you'll find someone who will make you happy and hopefully will have beliefs you can both live with.

SK

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

This thread may give you some help:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/20/78118/1.ashx

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Sorry you had to go through all this heartache. But in the long run you are better off not being in love with someone who will always put you in second place behind their cult and the cults demands.

There are many others in this world that are looking for someone like you. Put all this in your past and live life to the fullest.

You will find the mate you deserve and recieve not only love but respect and loyalty.

Outoftheorg

• shotgun
    shotgun

If you truly care for this person...let her go...spare her and yourself a lifetime of heart ache torn between two worlds...one hoped for and the other reality.

The right thing is often the hardest...sorry for your pain.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

heartbroken,

It was nice of you to come back here and give us an update. Sorry for your pain, I guess you must have really felt something for this person.

In the long run, you saved yourself a world of heartache. God knows more than a few us here know that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit