Rich-o-meter ... how rich are you? (and some shocking stats)

by Simon 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

For all the right-wingers who haven't got a clue ... this isn't about communism !! duhuh !!!

It's just about a little equality, giving people a chance, not bitching about our lot in life when we have it pretty damn good. Whinging about petrol costing $2 a gallon when for many people that $2 is all they have to live on !

Sheesh.

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

I can't say that I feel guilty for having it as good as I do, and I don't think that qualifies me as not being of "good character". I will say that I feel badly for those who do NOT have it as good as I do, but I have enough guilt in my life just from my limited JW exposure to last a lifetime without carrying the burden of being born in a country where I could make something of my life if I worked hard. However, I DO contribute every chance I get - also at the local level - although I have given money through my church to help build an AIDS hospital in Africa, too. But, because we are in the 38% tax bracket, plus the 8% tax bracket on the State level, I already give 46% of my income away. I think I am already giving more than my fair share, and I think I have a right to bitch about $2.00 gas - especially after I just wrote a check four times as big as most here on the board - and knowing that that money is going to people who choose to allow me (not by my choice) to support them while they sit on their asses for the rest of their lives and have no incentive to do otherwise because they are HAPPY with their meager lifestyle - as long as it means that THEY don't have to work.

There! I feel much better now!

growedup

• donkey
    donkey
    Donkey. Your "I'm taking my ball home and not playing" antics are getting very tiresome.

Simon, That is absolute crap....sorry to break the news to you. You once again post a bunch of nonsense to me without knowing the facts. I was quietly minding my own business posting some thoughts that have made me a little money and when I was attacked and called a "piece of shit" by one of the leftwing pets. If you know it all - how many times have I posted in the last month? My posting rate lately might be the lowest its been since I came to your board - and it should obviously be much lower still. So let me ask you - why did you pick on me, Simon? I was innocent. If anything I was being superbly kind hearted. If you don't believe me pull the records...but I have no need to defend myself. It is telling though that you did not tell the chief offender off but instead chose to pick on me. Go ahead and do whatever pleases you. Good luck Donkey

• talesin
    talesin
    Tales, Communism doesn't work, and that's basically what you propose.

NO! I propose a more equal system. And as YOU SAID YOU DON'T HAVE THE ANSWERS neither do I.

I just choose to live in REALITY, and admit that capitalism ISN'T WORKING.

Donkey, I missed your posts, now they are all gone. You were not being criticized by all, you know! GEEZZ, take the good with the bad, man!

OY, I am sick of this! {{{{{LOVE YOU ALL}}}}}

t

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

For all you liberals, this IS about communism, and it doesn't work...the human psychi isn't made up that way. The redistribution of wealth doesn't work and it plain just isn't fair.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Food and Water have value (you can survive with whatever happen)
    Gold have non (what if you have only that ?)

The real problem is that this entire world relay on MF's and stupid values, stocks and rates (so communisme or capitalisme, the issue is still the same).

People can produce and exchange for free (the amount they want - and they could even only based it on a database : how many you brough to people - how many people gave to you) ... it is in fact like that already (bank C+/D-) only the values and the rates makes the difference in between fair or not.

Now 255 People owning the whealth of 2,5 billions peoples income is just insane ! Don't tell me they deserve it ? (it is just a non sens). So it is not about crying on people who makes good incomes it is really about Yieling on those who are TOOOOOOOOOOOOO GREEEEEEEEEEDY !

For instance : 40 Millions $ for Julia Robert's or anyone else for a/1 movie is insane (it is a credit she put on your shoulder, and I'm sure that for 10 % (witch is pretty good money already) she would have done the same job ! it is all about saying ... please Julia get serious or get your ass out of the way ! how many potential Julia Roberts in this world ? (More chances for others ... by the way !)

And we could do that for "everything" (What ? do you deserve it ? ok lets check ! how many people will lost for you to win so much for such a little job and how does it affect my own wallet) ... WE ARE THE CONSUMERS ! (it's only a question of value)

• Simon
    Simon

Donkey: the comments to you were removed. I do not see how that affected things you had posted prior so that they had to be removed and can only suppose that you are covering up things you have said or else are 'playing the martyr'. Either way, I find the "I'm deleting all my comments" act that you have done several times now a bit childish and pathetic. But hey, that's just my opinion.

• Simon
    Simon

Yeru: Can you read?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Simon,

I can indeed read, which is why I made the comments I did. Capitalism is the fairest economic system we have.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

--- Yeru : Capitalism is the fairest economic system we have --- Sorry I can't format my message So : how that ? for who ? ... 75 % of the people in doodoo, 15 % supposed to joined those 75 % at the end, and 10 % spiting on everybody ... (very fair ! HUG !)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit