Rich-o-meter ... how rich are you? (and some shocking stats)

by Simon 61 Replies latest jw friends

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Pot, its the great equalizer!

• donkey
    donkey

none

• talesin
    talesin
    Guess you could call me a sell out :)

No, Chevys, I would call you a person who lives in our society and does what it takes to survive and have a reasonable lifestyle for her and her family. And I don't feel any of us are sell-outs. This is our world. We need to live in it as best we can.

I hope things will change, so that perhaps Spencer and the other kids can live in a more caring society.

If we, the adults, choose to educate ourselves and work for change in even the smallest way (just believing is enough if you think of the collective consciousness, I mean come on, you only have so much time and energy, especially when you're a parent!), eventually the world will change. I guess that makes me an optimist. : )

Thank you for the lovely comments. I really appreciated them. As you would say, Mwahh! You rock, womyn.

donkey

The whole system is built to ensure mediocrity. We are all born, go to school, go to college and for what? So we can get a job and be a contributing member of a collective, while think each of us will get our break one day. It just simply doesn't work that way. It's not a case of winning the lottery or a gameshow million.

You are so smart. Damn! Are you married? J/K about the married part, but not about the smart. Right on, my friend!

tal

• donkey
    donkey

none

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

I really think this is Simon's service meeting part about donations!

Remember to support JWD by donating!

• bisous
    bisous
    the fact is I cannot help a single person

donkey I agree with the majority of your posts on this topic, however not this statement. Any one of us, if WE have the means, can in fact help a single person. We DO have that ability at a local level.

All the other pontificating (not you, 'k) about Americans vs. China, etc. is b.s. IMO....

• donkey
    donkey

none

• bisous
    bisous

Ok, I get your point now....it is a principle or belief of yours related to the impact longer-term? they must help themselves to be truly helped or sustain the improvement in their lives? that's what you're getting at, am I right?

• donkey
    donkey

none

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Donkey:

Moscow has more billionaires than any other city in the world.

What currency?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit