Does Beth Sarim still stand today ??? where is it exactly ???

by run dont walk 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

curious,

is the building still standing, is the crypt still there, where exactly in California is it, street address etc.

who was it sold to when the watchtower got rid of it in i believe 1944

• blondie
    blondie

It still stands and I think Farkel is the expert on the address and other info.

Blondie

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    It still stands and I think Farkel is the expert on the address and other info.

ok, Farkel where are you ?

• bigboi
  • Farkel
    Farkel

4440 Braeburn Rd., San Diego, CA, Kensington District.

It's the BIG house on the block!

The unfinished crypt is behind the house over Fairmont canyon. You can take a little dirt road and walk down to see it. Go during the day, when the current owner isn't there! Ain't much to see. Just an empty crypt big enough for a coffin and about 200 cases of the finest whiskey. That's about it.

The home and land is worth about 2 million dollars today.

Farkel

• glitter
    glitter

Heh I wonder if the local JWs knock on the door of *that* house! :)

Though it wouldn't suprise me if they didn't even know - well *believe* - what it was.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Here's an essay I did on Beth Sarim:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/12954/1.ashx

Farkel

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I wonder if the current owners know the history of their house.

Devon

• Farkel
    Farkel

Devon,

: I wonder if the current owners know the history of their house.

They certainly do. Dr. Chan, the previous owner of Beth Sarim was quite proud of the notoriety the history of the house brought, even though he was never a dub. He once stood in the garage and told several people, "you want to know where the Judge is buried? We'll, I'm standing over his grave right now!" The veracity of that statement has never been confirmed. I believe JFR is buried somewhere in the canyon behind the house. No matter, the simple fact that the old asshole is dead and BURIED is good enough for me.

Farkel

• VM44
    VM44

Back in 1993, when I was attending the last convention I ever attended, I found Beth Sarim without knowing the street address.

I had viewed the video "WItnesses of Jehovah" put out by Leonard Chretien. There was an aerial shot of the house, property and surrounding street. The house is on top of a hill or canyon in San Diego. I did know it was in the Kessington area, so I got out the Thomas Brothers map of the city, and poured over the map pages until I found a street with the same shape as shown in the video.

During the convention lunch break, drove around looking for it, and I did! You can see the house at the end of the street. And you can almost see the Jack Murphy stadium in Mission Valley from where the house is located. (I did not want to go into the back yard to find out.)

It is the bigest house in the neighborhood, the other homes look like crackerbox apartment buildings compared to it. One neighbor said the house (Beth Sarim) has been there forever! and that the rooms inside were very big.

The property is on the side of a hill (or canyon) I would be afraid of it sliding down one day! Of course it has been there for decades, so I guess it is safe.

Someone has added a pool in the backyard, you can see it in the Witnesses of Jehovah video. I don't think it was there when Rutheford was there.

Imagine living there, think of the inspiration you would have!

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit