MONEY OR LOVE? what is it ladies? (for you Badger)

by Sassy 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Badger
    Badger

I guess I'm just a little bitter...

Women don't marry or love for loot any more or less than men do for gigantic breasts.

But this isn't a fair forum...of course women and men will say it's about the personality...

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Sunny:

I'd choose love too, every time, as long as our financial problems wouldn't cause a loss of love. That's what I say at my age. If I didn't love the rich guy, I wouldn't be with him. I was just saying earlier that it's as easy to fall in love with a rich guy as a poor guy. I certainly wouldn't be with a guy that didn't want to contribute to the household financially, and I know you wouldn't choose that either, no matter how much you loved someone. However, pragmatically speaking, it's good that women are able to choose these days. IN my family, it was not so long ago that our women were matched up with men that had a herd of goats, a farm, and loads of family. In fact, my grandmother matched me up with an old Toronto guy that had a cookie stand in the airport when I was 15! When I told her I didn't want that, she threw a sugar bowl at my head. Luckily, she missed. My Father had words with her.

I believe that people should be with people that feel the same as they do. Sometimes this doesn't happen, and sometimes it works out. Never telling.

CG

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

I'd choose love too, every time, as long as our financial problems wouldn't cause a loss of love.

CG ery balenced view. What people fail to realized is too much money or too little money can cause problems. These erode love. It is like credit if you never had any debt you have no credit, but if you have too much debt you have no credit. Also many women marry their parners potential many people divorce because their mates future falls short of expectation.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

XQ's:

I developed this view over many years of testing. Heh. Although someone really may LOVE someone beyond belief, eventually real life has a way of making itself known and felt. My first husband was the one person that I truly loved with PASSION. I still love him to this day. He is the Father of my beautiful, but delinquent son, and that will never change. I never wish bad things on him, because he is my son's father. He has treated me with total disregard and disgust, but I really never wish anything bad on him. However, we were just totally mismatched. I still think he thinks of me with a high regard. I was the ONE woman in his life that would'nt put up with his crap. Everyone has good points, and he had his. He wasn't lazy, that's for sure. He always worked if he could. He was a hard worker. He had a good sense of humour, and he was fun to be with. Unfortunately, fidelity wasn't one of his stronger points. I also know that he loves his kids. He fought for custody with me three times to the tune of $22000 ... so I know that he loves his kid. But .. for us... it wasn't meant to be.

I am a matchmaker. I love to find people mates that they get along with and they have the same background. I think that's important. For me, I figured that I had to find someone that would accept another child by another marriage. Someone that was as smart as I am.. and someone that had my same sense of humour.. and someone that could put up with my XJW crap. I met Rat, and that was it. He was a stalker for about six years, he just did NOT give up on me... and eventually I married him. We h ave a big joke. I tell him he was a stalker and he says "it worked." HAHAHAHHAHAH

CG

• Sassy
    Sassy

Badger..............here is an experience I had..

I dated this guy (a TEXAN actually).. he was a contractor for the company I worked for..

the gifts he bestowed on me were free trinkets he got through work.. kind of cool trinkets but NOTHING he paid for...

now we each kind of took turns paying for meals when we went out.. I was totally ok sharing..

Now I assumed I just just pick the wrong men.. men who dont' think about gifts or etc...

When we broke up, he went out with this other women who he spent thousands of dollars on.. who did not appreciate a dime of it..

she trashed his place when he was out of town and he called me to please go look at it cuz the landlord was all upset.. I found a place full of flowers and balloons and cards.... all the things I just assumed he wasn't into when he dated me.. but I guess he was into it.. depends on who he was dating..

later he was sorry.. he wanted to date me again.. even offered to marry me.. but our moment had passed.. but the thing is why would he do those things for her? but not for me?

do we bring out in others the desire for money?

• Badger
    Badger

That is a good point...I've dropped lots of coin on some women but little on others (one, infact, I left her witht he check...then again, she said I was "like her brother"...date over, she was saying...)

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

hehehhe Badger, I remember you telling us about that at the apostofest! I couldn't believe it! You got guts, man... I wonder how many men have heard the lines: "You remind me of my brother" or "I just want to be friends." I would venture to say they have all heard these lines or derivatives of them.

CG

• Badger
    Badger

That's right....play me along, order lobster salad and then drop the family bomb on me? See ya....Don't poke the Badger!

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Sassy I can relate to you story. I started dating an Armenian guy. We met through Theatre and had alot in common. We talked on the phone alot, and he had a great sense of humor. After about a month or two we started dating. Then I found out his family was VERY wealthy. We're talking they owned their own jet. I gotta admit it was weird for a ghetto girl like myself. We went to Vegas, gambled with an unlimited amount of money that was wired to the cages. He bought me jewelery from Cesar's Palace. I will admit it was exciting because it was like something out of a movie. But it did make me feel uncomfortable.

To make a long story short. Soon after we got back from Vegas I realized our lives were just waaaay too different and broke things off. A few months later he called wanting me back saying he had never met a girl like me, the other girls were gold diggers. He tried to use his money to get girls. I reminded him that when we started talking I didnt know he had money.

Next guy I dated was a union guy who I made more money then. Go figure

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

The heart is treacherous and who can know it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit