MONEY OR LOVE? what is it ladies? (for you Badger)

by Sassy 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Well, not to mention the woman who hit the lottery jackpot & then hid the ticket until after she filed for & received a divorce from her husband. But I think that's the exception, rather than the rule. Women are a helluva lot better at love than we men are, on the whole.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I am one of those females who prefers love if I have to make a choice.

I allowed my fairly well fixed husband to divorce me. I chose later to be with someone who makes very modest money. Very modest. Why? Because I love him and he loves me.

I could have went back to the home and cars and security where I did not have to work. Now I have to work on my feet. I don't have a choice. I have to work.

Am I happier? You betcha. I am a whole lot healthier, too. I smile more and my kids are happy to see me happy. My ex who is an inactive dub still is single. From what I understand, no one he has asked out will go out with him because he is a very bitter person.

There are some women who care more about money. I don't think it's the majority, though.

Flyin'

• Ciara
    Ciara

Cool Heart

I think nearly all the people I know that stay in a relationship for money are miserable. I truly can't think of one happy couple that are only in it for the money.

Ciara

• SuperMommy
    SuperMommy

It is love for me. I was never into being wealthy. I always wanted a family in a little house.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I was going to repsond to this, with some some old man words of wisdom, but Uzzah, who thank you, has been "able" to share with us a lot more recently summed it up well.

• blondie
    blondie

Hey, when I married Irrev the best thing I could say about his monetary status was he had no debts, but then he had no savings and he had a steady job but I made more money than he did. So I married for love.

Blondie

• talesin
    talesin

Ummmm, I must say that Uzzah speaks the truth, from my perspective!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

When I awake in the middle of the night and gently roll over to touch that soft shoulder, just to make sure, all is well, it;s not a bag of money I'm hoping to cuddle with.

Love lives.

Edited to add, Sassy some day it will be alright.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I know a JW woman who married twice for money. Boy, did she pay! Money doesn't buy happiness.

Love is all there is. Sounds like a song title.

I married for love, but then I was 17. Pretty smart at 17 I guess. Money comes.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I was thinking on my long drive home tonight about this question, because for me, money has never been an issue (cept that I will no longer be used by a man again for what little I have)... but I think those women who really do care about money..........ANY one who cares about money for that matter, can not truly be happy.. not really. It is a relationship with an unstable foundation which can fall at any time. But one built on care, on character, on traits that compliment each other...........that is what with stands..

I would never want a relationship on a foundation of money, whether it be mine or his.. nope.. never

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit