JW at my work Part 2

by Beans 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Beans
    Beans

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/64911/1.ashx

So we had our quartley safety meeting last week at work and as soon as I walk in this JW is right up to me all excited telling me about what is going on in his life. I really approached this lightly to inform this person as he seemed to have an open mind. So he has now read CofC and thought it was a little repetative but I told him about Apoclypse Delayed and he now wants to read this one too.

He is not even sitting upstairs at the meetings now and says that there was a 1/2 hour talk on facial gestures and that they didn't even open the bible until 20 min into it. He became a JW at a late age and really is a cristian who values the words of the bible rather than being lectured. He also mentioned that he has had some serious talks with his P.O, can't wait to see him again as he really wants to see the secret elders book now, I think it's time to go out for coffee with him eh!!!

I'm so excited, my first convert!

Beans

http://Quotes.Watchtower.ca

• Valis
    Valis

Oi! Brother Beans..we missed you this past weekend. Good to see you are carrying on the thecathartic warfare! Cheers matey!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• exjdub
    exjdub

Nice work Beans...you are a sly one aren't you? You sure know when to play the cards!

there was a 1/2 hour talk on facial gestures

who the...what the...what in the world are they up to now? Was this counsel in the Ministry School or really an entire talk on facial gestures? If it was an entire talk I think they really are getting desperate.

exjdub

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

That sounds great, Beans!

A half hour talk on facial gestures??? Sounds like they're running out of things to talk about.

Maybe you can get him out for some beers with us soon!

Walter

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    says that there was a 1/2 hour talk on facial gestures and that they didn't even open the bible until 20 min into it.

I seem to remember something David Reed wrote about women in particular being counselled for having the wrong facial expression when looking at the speaker (it dated back to the Bethel purge in the early 80s) - it may not be so bizarre - perhaps they're starting to get really paranoid about loyalty again.

• bebu
    bebu

Thanks for letting us know! I hope he's the first of MANY converts for you, Beans!!

(You sly, sly dog!! )

bebu

• outnfree
    outnfree

WOO HOO, Beans!

out

• blondie
    blondie

Good job, Beans.

There is a chapter in the new TMS guidebook on Gestures and Facial Expressions (p.122-123). It seems to be the "fake it till you make it philosphy." An excerpt follows:

The Expression on Your Face.
    More than any other bodily feature, your face often expresses how you really feel. Your eyes, the shape of your mouth, the inclination of your head all play a part. Without a word being spoken, your face can convey indifference, disgust, perplexity, amazement, or delight. When such facial expressions accompany the spoken word, they add visual and emotional impact. The Creator has placed a large concentration of muscles in your face?over 30 in all. Nearly half of these come into play when you smile.
    Whether you are on the platform or are participating in the field ministry, you are endeavoring to share with people a message that is pleasant, one that can make their hearts rejoice. A warm smile confirms that. On the other hand, if your face is devoid of expression, this may raise questions about your sincerity.
  • iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    Without a word being spoken, your face can convey indifference, disgust, perplexity, amazement, or delight.

It's no wonder that in 20 years as a JW I didn't make any converts.

Just think, I may have been performing people a great service by going out in service?.

Scaring them away from the BORG!!!

I'm sure they didn't want to experience my level of happiness as a JW.

Walter

• EyeDrEvil
    EyeDrEvil

iiz2cool,

ditto to your thoughts.

Without a word being spoken, your face can convey indifference, disgust, perplexity, amazement, or delight.

"come join our church and be as miserable as I am" does not sound very enticing, does it?

EyeDrEvil

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit