When you were a Witness.......

by cameo 14 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo
    cameo

........did you experience the "love bombing" during your first year? How did it change (if at all) AFTER that first year? What were your experiences? Please tell me......

Cameo

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Acceptance seemed to be the key word as I recall. We were poor when I was young and lived in a very old tenant home with no running water, bath, etc. We wore hand-me-downs, but we were good kids. When my mom was searching for her "purpose and truth", the JW's found her and she opened our life up to them because of the acceptance they showed for us. They took their own time to come to study with us, pick us up for meetings and bring us home. We were carted off to larger assemblies, where we would stay with other JW families FREE. Our father basically ignored her new "life" unless it conflicted with his. He could have shown his children a different path, but he chose to let mom control our life. He wasn't a "hands on father", but he did keep us sheltered and with food and clothing.

My mother had felt the massive pressure of having four children with a very domineering and controlling husband. He forbid her to drive. He forbid her to enjoy even simple things that other women took for granted. He kept her pinned down and under his control. She was struggling for her own identity and a way to cope. This new religion gave her a new strength and empowered her. She built a whole new foundation of friends in her new group and she taught us to shun all our family and friends we had before. People thought we had become very odd and strange. We thought we were special...

/<

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Whenever I participated in 'elder-pleasing' stuff like auxiliary pioneering for the Memorial month or during summer months, or invited the public speaker to our home for a meal, or other really WTBTS-involved activities, I experienced some serious love-bombing.

Within the past year people have been staying away from me because I'll call things by their real name, so that's made me a 'marked' one.

DY

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Being born in I never got the love bombing.

I got a few love greneades when you would participate in a dub milestone, like your first talk, taking your first door, your first time pioneering, but that's about it. If you missed a meeting or two it was no love bomb...just a look of, "You make Jehovah cry"...lol

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Being born in I never got the love bombing.

Don't worry, Joanna, there truly is a 'great crowd" of those "raised in the Troof" who've never evr been love-bombed!!!!

Mind you they got "bombed" when they left!!!

Cheers, Ozzie

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Never felt that, even in the first year...

• gumby
    gumby

I was love bombed. People said......."ahhh he lived"

I was born a dub so no love bombing.

I well remember however, how much "bible studies" were love bombed. Once they were baptised......all that ended. It's pretty much the same in any group. Even muli-level marketers act that way toward newcomers. Once your in.......your just another person.

Gumby

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

If ya want some attention, don't report next month, and see what happens!!! You'll get some "attention" all right!

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

I was raised in it...but I experienced love bombing the more things I tried to do to prove what an exemplary young person I was, such as aux pioneer during CO visits, or during summer vacations....pioeneer after school....after I had a child...yup...I was a goody goody...makes me want to gag now....

• Hapgood
    Hapgood

My hubby and I studied with an Elder and his Wife. So we were love bombed to the extreme. We thought that was the way Witnesses treated everyone, how blind we were. Although the congregation that we were baptized in was an extremely friendly congregation. We moved a few months after we were baptized to a new congregation, were we shocked, what a difference in treatment.

Hapgood

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit