Subscriptions

by Purza 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

I haven't read a Witchtower or Afake rag, er magazine for neigh on to four decades. See no reason to either.

carm

• blondie
    blondie

km 4/02 p. 7 Continue Benefiting From The Watchtower and Awake!

Now that mail subscriptions to the Watchtower and Awake! magazines are being discontinued, effort will be required to ensure that we, and those to whom we preach, do not miss even one issue.

Personal

Copies: When your personal subscription expires, increase your present order at the magazine counter. Parents should order enough magazines so that each family member has his own copy. Putting your name on your personal copy will ensure that it is not inadvertently placed in the field. When shipments of magazines arrive, the brothers handling them will make each issue available immediately at the Kingdom Hall.

Magazine

Routes: Publishers should endeavor to establish a magazine route with all interested ones who desire to receive each issue. Delivering the magazines personally to such ones will provide opportunities to cultivate the interest shown and to start Bible studies.?See Our Kingdom Ministry, October 1998, page 8.

Those

With Special Needs: If an individual displays genuine interest but lives in unassigned territory, an exception can be made to allow him to receive the magazines by mail subscription. If a person living in the congregation?s territory cannot be served by a magazine route but is sincerely interested in receiving the magazines, discuss the case with the Congregation Service Committee. If they approve, a subscription can be turned in for the interested person. The standard subscription forms (M-1 and M-101) may be used for this purpose.
  • Ciara
    Ciara

Sassy, I damn near died when I read your post. I had been looking on the "official website" to see if I could get a subscription because I like to try to keep up with what they are doing these days. They've got to have some ulterior motive behind this. Maybe it is to keep apostate activity down. Sounds a little narcissistic of us to think that, but I really can't think of any other reason (I don't really believe it was due to postage costs).

Ciara

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit