Subscriptions

by Purza 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Purza
    Purza

Do you still subscribe to the WT & Awake? If so, why?

I am curious because I noticed that some here seem to know what is coming up in the current mags (I know some people here are active JW) -- but if you are DF'd or inactive (like me) do you still like reading the mags? I have found that I have no desire to see the magazines -- let alone read them.

Thanks.

Purza (who is just curious)

• Sassy
    Sassy

You can't subscribe to them any more.. They took that away except for extreme cases.. like impossible to get to locations.. or the special needs such as blind..

Now if you want magazines you have to either be on a JWs magazine route.. or get them from the KH.

• Elmer J. Fudd
    Elmer J. Fudd

Get this picture:

One 55 Gal. drum with holes on the sides. All the JW literature I owned. Place the literature in the drum and add one pint of gasoline. Stand at a safe distance and toss a "bluetip" in the drum. Whoossssshhhh. Gone. Go to fridge and grab the Oscar Meyer's and have chili dogs.

At least I got use out of the mags.

Elmer

• Purza
    Purza

Sassy -- seriously?!?!?!?! Okay I am shocked -- don't know why, but I am. What is the reasoning behind not having the subscriptions anymore?

Purza

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

money

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy
    You can't subscribe to them any more.. They took that away except for extreme cases.. like impossible to get to locations.. or the special needs such as blind..

Wow! I'm surprised, too! With out those mags being sent out, I'll bet the Wallkill, NY post office had to lay a few people off!!!

CountryGuy

• SuperMommy
    SuperMommy

I was told the subscriptions ceased because of rising postage costs...I am personnally happy to hear it.

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

Why pay for the postal service when you can use unpaid workforce.

• Purza
    Purza

Supermommy said: I was told the subscriptions ceased because of rising postage costs...I am personnally happy to hear it. (I don't know how to do the quotation thing) LOL What? Because of Money? Surely, "the organization" that has god's backing wouldn't let a little thing like money stop them from "spreading the word". (sarcasm intended). Just adds another nail to the coffin of my disbelief. Purza

• Sassy
    Sassy

They did that over a yr ago.. cuz I haven't been to a meeting since a yr ago memorial and I was still going to some meetings when they announced it.. I think it had something to do with the cost of mailing.. or something.. I forget..

but I wondered too if it was tighter control over trying to keep apostates from getting literature..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit