Should the age of consent for sexual acts be changed?

by RubyTuesday 59 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

This woman seems to think so.Pretty scary who is controlling our laws..wouldn't you say?

JUNE 14: Avowed feminist and ACLU activist Ruth Bader Ginsberg was appointed to be an associate justice on the Supreme Court. Based on a report she co-authored and on her previous decisions, these are some of the positions she has expressed in the past.

1. The traditional family concept of the husband as a breadwinner and wife as a homemaker must be eliminated.
    2. The federal government must provide comprehensive child care.
    3. The Homestead Law must give twice as much benefit to couples who live apart from each other as to a husband and wife who live together.
    4. In the military, women must be drafted when men are drafted, and women must be assigned to combat duty.
    5. Affirmative action must be applied to equalize the number of men and women in the armed forces.
    6. The age of consent for sexual acts must be lowered to 12 years of age.
    7. Prostitution must be legalized. She wrote, "Prostitution as a consensual act between adults is arguably within the zone of privacy protected by recent constitutional decisions."
    8. All-boy and all-girl organizations must be sexually integrated, as must all fraternities and sororities. The Boy Scouts and the Girl Scouts must change their names and their purposes to become sex-integrated.(14)

http://www.jeremiahproject.com/TrashingAmerica/clint_fam2.html

edited to add link

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I have been thinking alot of this issue, it is very hard for me to choose a side on it, so many different circumstances that would have to be taken into consideration.

I think 12 is wayyyy too young. I would never go for that.

I am just going to state what I have seen in my area.........there are so many girls that are having sex at 15, and their parents know about it. And yes there are alot even younger having sex.

I do wonder thou if a boy just turns 18 and he has a girlfriend that is not yet 16, say in a couple of months is her 16th birthday,,,,, would he go to jail for statuotory rape? I have heard this happened to a college boy and he went to jail even thou the parents told the judge it was a consensual relationship between their daughter and the boy. That really doesnt seem fair,,,,,,,,I mean if the man was over 21 , that woudl be different, or the age gap between the boy and girl was bigger , but an age age of 2 yrs is very common in our area. I think some states do have a age difference gage in their laws.

I think the age of consent for consensual sex should be 15 or 16. I don't think just because a boy is older by a year or two he should go to jail. Say, a boy and girl are going steady for a year, talking of getting married when they get out of college, planning on going to the same college , would it be just to send him to jail, because he had sex with the girl when she was 15.

Now I don't advocate kids this young having sex.......but the fact is that they are. I just think that the judge should rule each case with girls over 15, or boys for that matter,,,,,, judge the case with all the facts before just throwing a boy in jail.

• Dan-O
  • franklin J
    franklin J

I admit that I disagree with EVERYTHING she is proposing with exception to item #7. In my bougois opinion, prostitution should be legalized in the US as it is in Europe. ( and Nevada)

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

Yeah, I think prostitution should be legalised probably. Then it can be regulated and the government can tax it and keep an eye on the money it generates. The rest seems pretty bonkers to me. But I don't think there's any cause for worry. ACLU radfems are hardly the people making our laws, and not likely to be any time in the foreseeable future.

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

PS I do agree with Lyin Eyes, there's a problem with a 17 year old going to jail for having sex with a 15 year old. But changing the age of consent to 12 would be a paedophile's dream, so they are going to have to find some other solution to that problem.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Dan I cant find what you are talking about , can you explain it or cut and paste the article?

I think it is ridiculous to keep prostitution illegal. If someone wants to sell themselves , if they are of sound mind, of age,,,,that is their business. I know they say these laws are to protect people....... I dont think it makes a difference. By having these law,,,,,,,it has not slowed down prostition one bit. The women /men are still out there hustling, and the men/women are still out there paying for it.

It seems it would be better to have it legalized , so the women would have a roof over their head, they could be protected in away from the crazy serial killers, and have medical care, test for any STD, AIDS etc.

No law is going to stop people from selling themselves or paying for sex.

I think it is wrong to entrap a man on the street by using a cop as a decoy prostitute. Seems they should go after someone who is a victim and as the HBO series said........" who is the victim in in this.....( prostitution) ? There are so many more "crimes" they put their attention to.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

Consent should be based on compentancy, there are 18-20 year olds who are not mentally or emotionally prepared to consent, while there are 13-14 year olds who are.... case by case should be judged and not simply by any specific age... though a lower limit of about 13 should likely be imposed as that is traditional in most of the world for most of the worlds history.

• blondie
    blondie

Is it possible to get a link to the original document written by Ruth Bader-Ginsberg re age of consent?

Blondie

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

12 years old is ridiculous. Where is this woman from, Kentucky? 16 sounds resonable along with that being the voting and drinking age

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit