I finally did it !!

by Junction-Guy 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

For most of my adult life I have always been reluctant to mention that I was raised a JW, just out of pure embarassment, It has always been a source of shame for me. Last night I was finally able to tell people that I work with that my family are JW's. The whole thing that started the conversation was another officer talking about an inmate in the hospital having a blood transfusion, that was my way in to the conversation. Me and several other officers sat around all night discussing the many different cults here in the US. We discussed everything from mormonism to freemasonry. One Officer asked me what I thought was so bad about the JW religion, I told him "there is so much I dont know where to begin" I started off by mentioning that the 1914 doctrine was the cornerstone of their religion and how this doctrine affected those growing up in the religion and persuaded many to forego a college education and a career. I explained the many different things that were forbidden to us such as holidays, birthdays, boy scouts and the list went on and on. It was a very interesting night for all of us, and I even got the email address of one of my fellow officers and promised him I would send him more info about the JW's. When I left this morning I just felt so good and that I accomplished so much by exposing the the JW's and other cults to them. I believe that this is my goal for the remainder of my life- to expose everyone I may come in contact with to the flawed doctrines of the WT society. I may even seek out college campuses and Churches to go and speak to groups

• Sassy
    Sassy

Way to go Junction-Guy!

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Awesom, JG! It IS hard to spit out sometimes, the shame (and anger) can hold us back sometimes. I know the fear I had of saying I was raised that way, because people have tended to shy away from me (in the past) after I've told them.

• Celtic
    Celtic

So, you got a return visit out of it?

Well done.

All best tidings.

Mark

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Oh I will definitely get a return visit out of it-LOL

• 4JWY
    4JWY

Junction-Guy:

Go for it - sounds like you've got enough energy for it! Sometimes the conversation is overwhelming to me, like you said, there is SO much to say about it. I'll be happy to be in your audience as a supporter one day!

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Oh but you get so much sympathy usually when you tell them you're an ex-jw. Lots of times they say, it can't be any worse than catholicism, at which time I like to bring up the elders peeking in windows to watch fornication so there can be two witnesses to the act (actually happened), the time I got called up before the committee for kidding around with a clown at the world's fair, thats the bizarre stuff, and then I go on to dividing up of families, severing of friendships and isolating the adherents, the failed prophecies, your right, the list goes on and on so long. After a few minutes they go, dude, they are really F^(^%*&'d up. No kidding, huh?

Gretchen

• kls
    kls

Great with you opening up you have probably saved someone from having to visit sites like this for info. and encourgment and a life of pain. Way to go

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

so..........................didja count yer time?

Frannie B

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Junction-Guy...I think "anti-witnessing" is much more fun and fufilling than all the wasted hours I spent going from not-at-home to not-at-home. I think if I could do the "anti-witnessing" full-time, I might finally become a very, very special pioneer!

Cathy L.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit