Ressurection question

by Sookie 108 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dan
    dan

"If you love to read about the Jewish traditions and early Christian "ways" why cant you produce these other vicarious actions you speak of?"

My response is to this question. I fail to see how I have not satisfied this requirement.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

I never said it was God's word, and you didn't ask for God's word.
    Elderwho, he has shared it with us through his word
    Its OK Dan..
    Please pay closer attention to what you ask for.
    Pay closer attention to what you state E
  • dan
    dan

Two completely unrelated topics there, big guy.

• hooberus
    hooberus

dan, when would you like to resume our discussion on the nature of God?

• dan
    dan

Sorry, I've been bust with finals lately. I didn't have a lot of time. Continue.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

they don't know what they believe

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    Elderwho, if one scripture from the Bible is not enough to corroborate truth then you're going to have to throw out a lot of mainstream Christian ideas. Your ideas concerning I Corinthians 15:29 are just an interpretation, and arguing interpretive capacities is as pointless as arguing with a box of hair.
    Dan;What about the practice of "baptism for the dead," alluded to by Paul (see 1 Corinthians 15:29) and adopted by the Latter-day Saints (see D&C 127-28)
    Dan; Once again, you put words in y mouth. It doesn't matter if there are three, one or negative eleven scriptures that support something in my church, we have continued revelation; we don't need anything to be in the Bible.
    Ellderwho; Dan, Ive asked you serval times to fortify this teaching of your church and other examples of vicarious actions you claim that are in the Bible, this Bible word of God you claim to enjoy reading. If you love to read about the Jewish traditions and early Christian "ways" why cant you produce these other vicarious actions you speak of?

The very next post;

Elderwho, he has shared it with us through his word. I'm tired of pointing out this fact only to have you ignore it: I believe he still reveals His word through prophets and Apostles.
    elder, I'm trying to show that the early church fathers believed in baptism for the dead, which is what y'all asked for. I didn't cut and paste, I just copied the whole thing directly from the site.

Ellderwho; No where in scripture does Christ teach this idea. Again this statement defies Christs words "you must be born again of the SPIRIT"

To top all that off what you "pasted" is just comentary not Gods word, BIG difference Dan. This is the sad part of it, trading the truth for a lie.

The very next post

I never said it was God's word, and you didn't ask for God's word. You asked for evidence of the existence of this doctrine in the early church, and that's exactly what this is. Please pay closer attention to what you ask for.

I never said it was God's word, and you didn't ask for God's word.
    he has shared it with us through his word
    Its OK Dan..
    Please pay closer attention to what you ask for.

Dan;Two completely unrelated topics there, big guy.

How so big guy?

• hooberus
    hooberus
    An exalted man was once a man, now he's not.

According to this logic Jesus Christ is no longer a man, however the scripture says: "Let thy hand be upon the man of thy right hand, upon the son of man whom thou madest strong for thyself." Psalm 80:17 "The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool." Psalm 110:1

Jesus the exalted man in heaven is said to be a man / son of man. "Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear." Acts 2:33 So then how can the Father in heaven also be an exalted man since the scripture says: "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?" Numbers 23:19 It seems that there is a "man" / "son of man" on the right hand of God. And according to Numbers 23:19 God is "not a man" / "neither the son of man." Therefore LDS concept of Jesus an exalted man being on the right hand of another "exalted man" is very problematic. This can be pictured as Jesus on the right hand of God the Father below: Jesus (a man /son of man)at the right hand of God ("not a man" / "neither the son of man") How can both be "exalted men"?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Kenneson

"Was Mormon Plural Marriage a Requirement for Exaltation in the Celestial Kingdom?" Not all agree with Dan. He can debate the writer of this article if he wishes.

http://www.xmission.com/~plporter/lds/required.htm

Dan knows he is lying about this or he doesn't know as much about mormonism as he thinks he does. Just remember he is not an EX-mormon, he can't discuss the secrets of temple work.

D Dog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit