Prince upset by Ben Affleck's swearing

by DevonMcBride 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Beans
    Beans

Next week he's gonna walk out of the KH for the speaker using the "F" word FLOCK.

http://Quotes.Watchtower.ca

• myself
    myself

LOL @ crinklestein

Prince, who once appeared naked on the cover of his LOVESEXY album, is also urging his peers to use the JANET JACKSON breast baring scandal as a mark that such shockers should be a thing of the past.

They have taught him well, he has even learned to mark people.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    The Return of Prince
    FCC ALERT! Prince (circa 1980) doesn't like to talk about his wild past, though he seems to take some pride in having been the premier envelope-pusher

As a result of his faith, Prince has developed an uncharacteristic modesty. In concert, he's taken to changing ''I'm your messiah and you're the reason why'' in ''I Would Die 4 U'' to ''He's your messiah...'' Still, it appears he has some kinks to work out in squaring his dogma with his golden-god persona. Asked if he feels he's alienated his fans over the years, Prince says: ''No. The love has never left. I've always felt that there were people in my corner. It's a gift, that God gives us the chance to feel such love. And it's all for His glory: I don't believe in idol worship. That's why I don't sign autographs. When I get asked for my autograph, I say no and tell them why, because I'm giving them something to think about.'' This from a man who often prompts his concert audiences to scream his name. Ironies, contradictions, and exceptions escape Prince like doves from a cage.

Now he really is a JW's. What a hypocrite!

• shamus
    shamus

How a freak like that ever became one is beyond me. That picture makes me sick.

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

The comedian Margrette Cho said she met Prince on a bus once and he came up to her and said, "Do you know who I am?"
    She said, "Uhh, Of course!"
    He said, "Good." and walked away. But it's all for His glory. Ok jackwad!

• dh
    dh
    When is prince going to wake up, LOL! He would become the ultimate apostate, LOL!

in a few years he will surely be out with a book telling of his ordeal at the hands of jw's, who took advantage of him when he was depressed. the cut out ass pants will probably be back too as a sign of rebellion and he'll be singing 'sign of the times' and no doubt releasing a new album to coincide with the book, about how the rainbow people lied.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    As a result of his faith, Prince has developed an uncharacteristic modesty. In concert, he's taken to changing ''I'm your messiah and you're the reason why'' in ''I Would Die 4 U'' to ''He's your messiah...''

LOL *sigh* You know, that's the sort of pedantic censorship that really pissed me off, even when I was a witness.

Has he changed the message of the song? No. Does the song make any sense now? No. Is the song any more moral now? No. He's just replaced one blasphemy--calling himself the Messiah--with another: invoking the Messiah in vain.

It's the ultimate rules-oriented, form-over-content shallowness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit