Prince upset by Ben Affleck's swearing

by DevonMcBride 26 Replies latest jw friends

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

When the public reads stuff like this, it makes them think how strange JW's are.

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/0/3621E5BD9A9BD8E280256E78002DE315!opendocument

PRINCE UPSET BY BEN AFFLECK'S SWEARING

Pop superstar PRINCE walked out of a screening of BEN AFFLECK's new movie JERSEY GIRL - because he didn't like the swearing in it.

The pop superstar - famous for his risque lyrics - hates to hear profanity since becoming a Jehovah's Witness and has dropped the more controversial songs from his current hits tour.

He says, "We walked out (of Jersey Girl) after an hour. Guess that's what happens when the potty mouth don't work for you anymore."

Prince, who once appeared naked on the cover of his LOVESEXY album, is also urging his peers to use the JANET JACKSON breast baring scandal as a mark that such shockers should be a thing of the past.

He adds, "After Janet, we've gone too far. We've pushed the envelope off the table and forgotten there was a table."

Jersey Girl director KEVIN SMITH isn't too concerned with Prince's criticism.

He jokes, "I'm cool with him not liking Jersey Girl. I f**king hated his album CRYSTAL BALL, so now we're even." 16/04/2004 09:21

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Go Kevin Smith!!!!!

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Kevin Smith rawks!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yep... the hatred is starting to show itself. JWs are slowly trained to hate everything that is not JW. With his tendency to speak out the world will soon have a new raving lunatic running around condemning everything he sees

I'm certain he will make a fine witness every time he does this.

• reganashe
    reganashe

That's so funny.....................Kevin Smith Rocks!!!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Thanks for posting this Devon, it made my week. Toooo funny, lol.

It's classic JW: focus on the little stuff, like swearing, breast, buying lotto, smoking, etc... so people stay ignorant of just how onerous the religion is on the big stuff.

• True North
    True North
    The pop superstar - famous for his risque lyrics - hates to hear profanity since becoming a Jehovah's Witness and has dropped the more controversial songs from his current hits tour.

So, is he no longer cashing the royalty checks he receives for the continuing sales of recordings of his "more controversial songs"? I suppose he could donate them to charity, but the only approved charity for a faithful JW is the WT Society and its associated entities and they surely wouldn't accept such tainted money, would they?

BTW, a review in the April 29th Rolling Stone of his March 29th, 2004 concert in L.A. noted that while he has made some "graceful lyric changes" and has recently "tipped more" from the "profane" toward the "sacred", he has done so "without sacrificing either his trademark bumps and grinds or his wicked flirtatiousness." Has there been some new light regarding bumping, grinding, and wicked flirting?

• Corvin
    Corvin
    The pop superstar - famous for his risque lyrics - hates to hear profanity since becoming a Jehovah's Witness

Nothing brings out the humble arrogance and self-righteousness of a man than becoming a JW.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Ah yes, now The Artist is all righteous.

But as the above quote from Rollingstone shows, he's not righteously avoiding the bumping, grinding, and flirting? Hmmmm.... methinks The Artist Formerly Known As has limits to his righteousness.

• undercover
    undercover

Prince's behavior is just more fuel for the fire of the likes of Kevin Smith and George Carlin(who appears in several of Smith's movies). Both Smith and Carlin love to skewer religion. People like Prince(or any fundamentalist) who makes a show of righteousness make it easy for them.

I've never cared for his purpleness(though I do own Purple Rain). He seemed to carry things to excessiveness. Now that he's found religion, he's going to carry it to excessiveness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit