Watchtower choir

by wannaexit 25 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Why no choirs supposedly in WTS.

*** w75 2/15 p. 112 Insight on the News ***

Today’s Church Choirs

In the Sunday services of many large churches today, choir singing is a major feature. Marching up the aisle in white robes, choir members are generally the picture of piety and reverence, singing with religious fervor. But it is quite possible that they do not belong to the church where they sing or, for that matter, even believe in God. Why, then, are they there singing?

An article in the New York “Sunday News” shows that the choir members in most of that city’s big churches sing for money. This is nothing new. Manhattan churches have been paying choir members since the 1920’s. But they were generally members of the church. Today, as the article states, “religious affiliation has absolutely no importance. . . . In any one choir you’re likely to find atheists, agnostics, Catholics, Jews, Protestants and even Zen Buddhists. You could easily see the same singer at synagogue on Saturday, Episcopal services Sunday morning and a Catholic wedding on Sunday afternoon.”

• blondie
    blondie

Do choirs sing only in unison to be understood?

*** w04 1/15 p. 24 Give God Glory Not Man ***

A choir must sing in unison to be understood. In order to glorify God, true worshipers around the world must be united. Hence, “Glorify God ‘With One Mouth’” gave beneficial instruction on how we all can speak the one “pure language” and serve Jehovah “shoulder to shoulder.”—Zephaniah 3:9.

• Village Idiot
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Village Idiot  that was priceless .

smiddy

• DNCall
    DNCall

I am guessing this is was prepared by either the Canadian branch or the UK.  I don't recognize any of the singers or the conductor as being from HQ.

What interests me is that you can't suppress this type of musical expression, even though the org tried to for so many years.  What is especially ironic is that the current GB (reportedly all Ted Jaracz appointees) are promoting choirs.  Teddy would be furious if he knew!

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

This is so USA minded. I think most witness here in Europe do hate choirs.

It is just like Phil Collins hit "Jesus he knows me" with all the hypocrisy.

We are a few years out of control from the Kingdom Hall and I think if I would return

the religion is totally changed.

All the JW.TV broadcasting will make non-USA witness awake. They cut in their own fingers with it.

Gorby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit