Watchtower choir

by wannaexit 25 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I think i've seen it all now. Nothing surprises me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPfzS7L_3sQ

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Lol yea that was my reaction as well.  The mormons do it better.
  • AFRIKANMAN
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

This choir thing has really bothered us. Also, the singing and dancing at the Kingdom Halls and Assembly Halls during the District Convention (or whatever you call in now).  We couldn't even play a "worldly song" at our wedding 32+ years ago?

Like others have said...."what happened to the religion we were born into"?  One day it's a sin, the next day not so much. What else are the JW's being misdirected in? Maybe...not going to college, buying a house, having a child, getting a job to support your family or getting married (I could go on and on).

Thanks for listening to my daily rant.

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

Like others have said...."what happened to the religion we were born into"?

I heard an elderly JDubya say pretty much that same thing, followed by, "If Witnesses then believed and taught the same things they do now, I would NEVER have been one!" 

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle
    I heard the word obey and had to go look up the lyrics, yup, in context it means obey the organization today. 
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

ToesUp: "what happened to the religion we were born into"?

It's gone, long gone. But don't say that or you'll be labelled an apostate, which is ironic considering it's the WT leadership that have actually gone apostate.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

HEY! what COLLEGE did they go to  to learn how to play so good???

most religious music makes me wanna gag

• steve2
    steve2
    The JW religion is shedding its austere oddness for mainstream appeal. Religions that have an eye on the longer haul adapt. The dilemma for the GB will be what to shed like garbage and what to retain and spit  polish.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They are proud of "Watchtower Chorus"...They starred at the 2014 AGM ..They have a long way to go to match the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

Is it my fancy or are the latest new songs a lot more funky and upbeat than the others ? Have to see when they are introduced 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit