hi everyone first time posting

by prgirl 26 Replies latest social relationships

• prgirl
    prgirl

Hi True North,

It took me 5 years to get to this point. I feel he has been in this "funk" of not being here or there. I was also really afraid that one day he would go back, and where does that leave me. I made the common mistake of thinking he is having doubts I can help him. If he loves me he will see. Boy it's true love does not conquer all! What has helped me is hearing other peoples stories. Those who were/are married with spouses and children still in it. That is horrible! I also learned to trust my gut feeling which all along was telling me this was wrong! I think the key is he didnt leave because he wanted to. He was disfellowshipped, and views the elders who did that as being to harsh. He also bought that he was doomed after he was disfellowshipped. Never bothered to make friends because he said he was use to being alone, and he trusts no one. This baggage is just too much. I was starting to be unhappy, and I couldn't deal with it anymore.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Yet another example of how the heavy handed mind control tactics WRECK LIVES, even long after people have left the BOrganization.

Of course, it sounds like mentally he never really left; he just got disfellowshipped. Mentally, it's still THE TRUTH.

And now its affecting you, a complete bystander, never-been-a-JW.

Too bad he didn't get the exit counselling he needed years ago. Very sad indeed.

• Quotes
    Quotes

I forgot the most important thing: WELCOME PRGIRL!!!!!

• boa
    boa

welcome prgirl,

your a thinker and that will likely save you from disaster in this situation.

this site has the info and support you may need.

boa

• Urbanparadise
    Urbanparadise

Hi prgirl

Good to hear your experience - sorry its not a nice one!! : (

I'm in a similar situation to True North - my girlfriend and her family are mixed up in the cult, although she is not baptised, but we have a daughter which makes the situation a hell of a lot more complicated!

I met my girlfriend while I was a JW, before I left about 2-3 yrs ago. We still had a relationship after I had faded - she isn't baptised so there wasn't much stopping her - and our plans were to get married (before children obviously) except things never go as planned!

Even though I wasn't part of the religion anymore I had to approach the Elders in my former congregation to be 'dealt with' for fornication just to keep her family happy and to avoid any hassel. This kind of made me part of the congregation again - they thought I spoke to them off my own back when in reality it was none of their damn business.

Anyway, without going into too much more detail I'm left with a lovely little baby girl that lives with her mother. The problem is my gf lives with her mum still. My gf wants to make progress as a JW - been in it from birth, brainwashed etc - and I'm worried my daughter's mind will get poisoned with their cult tactics and doctrine.

Bit of a mess but I think I'm sorting it, slowly.

Urban

• Maverick
    Maverick

Howdy darlin' ! Maverick

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Welcome PRGIRL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit