Here's a good one for ya!

by Tinkerbell4125 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

As most of you know, CC and I moved here, two hours away from my home town so we wouldn't have to run into J.W.'s and J.W. family. I've been walking in the neighborhood, been trying to lose weight. While walking, I became friends with a girl in the neighborhood. We really hit it off! Her two young daughters just seem to love me too. I was really excited to make a new friend since I'm kinda new to the area and don't have that many friends here. Last week she was here visiting, everything was going along nicely, then I asked her youngest daughter if she had a new Easter dress picked out! She turned her eyes over at her mother with this look as if to say *that is bad*. I got a sick feeling and thought to myself, *no way that they are witnessess!* What are the chances, right???? Well a few minutes later, I asked her where she went to church, and guess what???? You're right, she's a freaking j.w.!!!!! I swear, I thought I would fall out of my chair! Been one for 12 years!!! Long story short, I told her that CC and I had disassociated ourselves. She did her j.w. preaching, the end is coming, bla bla bla, pretty much told me that she couldn't associate with me and left. Later that week, I saw her two girls while I was doing my walk and they took off and ran the other way. You would have thought they saw a child molester! So dissapointing and frustrating. Can you believe this!!!

You never know where they'll pop up! And just when you think it's safe to go outside!!!

• reganashe
    reganashe

I'm sorry this happened to you, I had something simuliar happen to me. I moved 5 hours from my home out of state, well it's time to find a day care for my daughter. I find this older woman in the area that does home daycare. After a couple of days I notice she is studing a watchtower and I make mention of it. I told her that I was no longer active, but my mom was still a witness ( iwas super nice about the whole) The very next day after no compaints of my daughter, she tells me that she just doesn't fit in and she couldn't watch her anymore. I was so angry!

I felt like running around screaming "their every where.....their every where!"

• Gopher
    Gopher

Tinkerbell, there's nothing quite like conditional friendship, eh? Perhaps that girl you met was just waiting for the right "opening" to witness to you. Even if she wasn't, she has shown what kind of a friend she would have been.

The JW's suck the humanity out of almost all their adherents.

Regan -- good you found out that this older JW lady wouldn't look kindly on your 'inactive' status now. Imagine how later she might have acted around your daughter when her birthday came or when it was holiday season. Good thing you got a chance to cut your losses now.

There's no win-win situation that can ever be devised when trying to deal, socially or business-wise, with loyal Jehovah's Witnesses.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    I told her that CC and I had disassociated ourselves.

Hindsight is 20-20, of course, but it would have been great if you told her you were treated horribly by JWs when you associated with them and that the lack of love and the rampant hypocrisy were more than you could take and that you could no longer, in good conscience, keep giving them your time and money.

The result would have been the same, but you'd have given her something to think about.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Wow... rings a bell for me...... Minus one Job.

I've found that it is best not to mention being xJW.... the burden of shunning is on the JW.

• kls
    kls

I am sorry for loosing what might of been a good friendship, but now you are the enemy because you don't think the way they are. I am sure you will find normal people and have great friendships.

• Mulan
    Mulan

That is so sad. I am sorry that happened, but there is a reason you were attracted to each other. Familiars attract you know.

I was outside the airport in Panama City Beach last November, chatting with a woman who asked me why I had been there, so I told her I was at a party with a large group who had been part of a cult. I usually don't elaborate beyond that. But she asked what cult, and when I told her, guess what? Right. She considered herself a JW, and was offended that I called it a cult. She was smoking, so I said "I assume you aren't an active JW" and she isn't but still believes it. She was in her 50's and had married a non JW when she was 18, raised her children, not as witnesses, and hasn't associated in all those years, but still believes it. I asked her if she observes holidays and of course she does. Weird. I told her a few things about cults that fit the JW's, that she wasn't comfortable hearing, and we parted cordially.

You just never know.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Too bad for them losing the opportunity to be your friend....they're loss.

Your an apostate maybe we should just tell outlandish lies, seems to be what they expect...

Next time tell them you left when you found a drug ring was being run from the kingdom hall...just don't tell her it was St.Johns Wart and Ginko Baloaba How the hell do you spell it..I can't remember...where was I...Big sellers to JW's.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Ginko Baloaba

Ginkgo Biloba

• Panda
    Panda

Well you told her and now she knows... there must be plenty of people who think she's weird (no b'days, no holidays, no patriotism) and you would make a terrific friend for them. Shoot, Tennesse--- it looks gorgeous! Just imagine those poor little girls could be molested and no one will believe them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit