by English Patient 30 Replies latest jw friends

• English Patient
    English Patient

WOW

What a night for Football fans!

Real Madrid beaten by Monaco !

but even more amazing...

Chelsea beat Arsenal at Highbury! Wow!

I am so so happy and pleased for Ranieri. I love the guy. Did anybody else see the game? He had tears in his eyes, he was so pleased, I'm so pleased for him.

I like both clubs as they play great football, but the way Ranieri has been treated, I am pleased for him.

alt

Wayne Bridge winning goal in the last minutes.

• City Fan
    City Fan

And who's to say Chelsea won't catch Arsenal now and win the Premiership?

I like Ranieri too, and I like the way Chelsea have bought young English talent as well as bigger European names! Just wish someone as rich as Abramovich would buy Man City!!!

By the way, would Real have gone out if Beckham had been playing??

CF.

• Simon
    Simon

Great result ... and Ranieri deserves it for all the crap he's had to put up with. Player of the month too although he'll likely be sacked, such is the mad world of football.

Yes, City needs a Russian billionaire

• English Patient
    English Patient

Yes, I like the way Chelsea have brought good English players. I didn't think the Man City board were that bad, for instance they shelled out 13m for Anelka, who is okay, but all that money for Fowler? And McManaman? I think they were two bad mistakes. As for David James, well, I suppose if you chopped his head off you could see it with a leg of lamb.

As for Beckham, I think he's average. I don't consider him one of the best. There are some players around whom Beckham is not fit to shine their boots. Watching him play in Spain, he looks so average in a team full of such stars. Who knows though? Beckham may have affected the outcome in some way, but the main question now is...

What on earth will ITV and Clive Tildsley do now that the Man U connection with the competition is all but diminished? Is it me or do they think that every person supports Man U? I'm so sick of the embarrasing drivel from idiots like Tildsley and Atkinson - I can't wait for the return of Match of the Day. What do you think?

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Who was the winning pitcher?

• English Patient
    English Patient
    Who was the winning pitcher?

I love them Americans.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I thought you were referring to Chelsea Clinton, the daughter of former American president Bill.

• City Fan
    City Fan
    Is it me or do they think that every person supports Man U?

They don't? Only kidding!

I really annoy my wife by predicting which games will be shown on that pile of s**t programme that is 'Match of the Day'. Man U are first, then Arsenal, then Chelsea, unless of course one of those teams is playing another, in which case it's then Liverpool. That means I only get to see City play one of those teams. A great example of how bad this can be is the week Man City beat Bolton 6-2. Man Utd were the featured 30 minute game in a 1-0 'thriller' against Leicester!. City v Bolton had about 15 seconds at the end of the programme. AAAARRRGGHHH.

Anyway, rant over!

(I do think Beckham is one of the best. And that's not between the sheets.)

• English Patient
    English Patient

lol.

I know exactly what you mean.

The Premiership is one of the worst, most amature constructed programmes I have ever seen, besides of course ITV's attempt at F1. (Will there be rain, won't there?)

You can guarantee Manchester United will be on it. Even if it finishes without score. And you can guarantee that bell end Clive T will be commentating. Did you hear what he said tonight? After Reyes had tried a step over but failed, he said that 'he tried to copy Ronaldo (of Man U) but failed, as he's not quite that good yet'.... I mean, what is this guy on? How pro Man U can you get?!?!

The whole set up at ITV is so bias to Man U it's embarrasing. Don't get me started on it, please. My blood is boiling

But still, GO CHELSKI !!!

• Englishman
    Englishman

I'll tell you what's scary.

I can cope with Man U playing Millwall (Millwall?) inthe FA Cup, but do you realise what their being finalists will probably mean next year?

Millwall v Real Madrid.

Millwall v Benfica.

Millwall v PSV Eindhoven.

Millwall v Barcelona.

I mean, the roughest buch of supporters in the whole of the UK are gonna be let loose in Europe?

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit