by Prisca 24 Replies latest jw friends

• esther
    esther

Hallo Its_my_life, glad you are here.
    You say you have a hunger for knowledge, but feel that you are too old. Close to 50 is not too old. Maybe you could find what fields have shortages, then train for it. I know where I am there is a shortage of maths and science teachers, for example.

JWs = jay double us = dubs, I think

esther

• jurs
    jurs

i wasn't in the organization in 1975, i came in 20 years later. i heard about that year from the brother and sister who studied with me. since then i always heard the same thing, the society never said it and people just jumped to that conclusion. i accepted that but what didn't dawn on me was the question --- why didn't the society correct in writing in a watchtower the error to their thinking. surely they must have known so many thought the end was in 75. i wish i would have thought to have asked that.
    jurs

• jurs
    jurs

i wasn't in the organization in 1975, i came in 20 years later. i heard about that year from the brother and sister who studied with me. since then i always heard the same thing, the society never said it and people just jumped to that conclusion. i accepted that but what didn't dawn on me was the question --- why didn't the society correct in writing in a watchtower the error to their thinking. surely they must have known so many thought the end was in 75. i wish i would have thought to have asked that.
    jurs

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day jurs,

You could have thought to ask it, but it wouldn't have done any good. The Borg are experts at obfuscation. 'Never admit a mistake' is their policy.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"Truth persuades by teaching, but does not teach by persuading."
    TERTULLIAN, Adversus Valentinianos

• jurs
    jurs

jurs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit