by Prisca 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

is the number of registered posters as of this minute!!!!

AMAZING, huh ???

• peterstride
    peterstride

Funny you should mention 1975.

I was talking with my grandmother a couple of hours ago (she's been a lifelong JW, but she still talks to me) and I mentioned to her that when I was little, I remember how many times she had told me that Armageddon was coming in 1975. Being little and impressionable, her words are vivid in my mind down to this day. Unfortunately, she acted like she had never said that and that I was making it up.

I'm glad I'm out of the Borg, even though I came out just over 20 years after 1975.

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Made me think of one of my favorite t-shirts!

Ven

• patio34
    patio34

Ah-h-h-h, the irony. . . .

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Actually, the 'end' did come in 1975. It just wasn't as bad as we had thought it was going to be !

Outaservice (but still counting my time)

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Peter, by any chance is your grandmother a GB member?
    They too say all the R&F JW's made up 1975.

Boozy, who's....
    ROTFLMAO

• Thirdson
    Thirdson
    They too say all the R&F JW's made up 1975.

If the R&F made it all they did a good job of preaching about it and spreading the date and did so all on their own initiative. They did such a great job that the kids I went to school joked about the year when it arrived and used to ask me exactly when this year (1975...(9th/10h grade for me US style) God was going to destroy the world.

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• Oldhippie
    Oldhippie

I graduated in 1970. I was being quizzed and laughed at by that time as well. There was only one other JW in school at the time and apparently he had told some people that armageddon was coming in '75. I know I was too embarrassed to say anything about it.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

The Gentle Times Have Ended!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"Truth persuades by teaching, but does not teach by persuading."
    TERTULLIAN, Adversus Valentinianos

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

I recall a talk-probably in 1974(I would've been about 8)about hiding from the police(or whoever).We were told to use disguises while in the service,that meetings would be split up and moved around to avoid discovery and that should we get caught we should fully expect to be tortured and killed(but not to fear-if so,we should be some of the first to be resurrected)
    I was terrified and I don't think I slept for days.It was my first realization of not wanting to be apart of JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit