JW's BANNED IN RUSSIA - 04-01-04

by 4JWY 158 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

Haven't read the posts above of Alan's & Patio's............but all before it.

I remember a statement by Farkel (paraphrasing) - IF the jw's would stop shunning, stop breaking up families, allow followers to leave with no repercussions, and stop the refusal of blood products......then I would stop fighting them. They'd be just another religion.

Agreed. When a cult/religion/business has as part of it's charter to hurt other persons - and teaches all of it's followers to do the same........then I think the government should regulate that cult/religion/business.

And to the starter of this thread, 4JWY? THANKS! Much thinking going on!

waiting

• JH
    JH

Will this ban in Russia, insite people here, who were undecided in joining the JW's, make them attend meetings, thinking that the end is close. I wonder what effect it will have on witnesses around the world.

• waiting
    waiting
    Will this ban in Russia, incite people here, who were undecided in joining the JW's, make them attend meetings, thinking that the end is close.

lol - probably.

Will this ban in Russia bring up that prophecy of "King of the North" etc? Probably somehow --------someway.

• Dansk
    Dansk

LONG LIVE ALANF!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

My understanding was that Russia was breaking up the "Organization" in that country. In other words, it wasn't accepting organizations (be they religious, or otherwise) to have legal status, if they could be shown to support some inhumane practices.

I see that as a good thing, and would suggest that it should be extended to some other groups.
    IMHO, organised shunning is one of the best examples, and is a practice that organizations (and yes, I would include the Amish in this) should be invited to desist from.

I don't envy any government trying to enforce and police it, though.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

LT, i wonder if the EU would ever bring in something like that too. it would be great if they could.

• patio34
    patio34

Hi ya Waiting!

You said:

I remember a statement by Farkel (paraphrasing) - IF the jw's would stop shunning, stop breaking up families, allow followers to leave with no repercussions, and stop the refusal of blood products......then I would stop fighting them. They'd be just another religion.

Well said. I really concur with the first statement and think that JWs and their ilk should be fought against, by people getting real information out about them. It's great to have the internet as a tool for that and many, many have been valiant in using it.

Have a great weekend!

Pat

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Scooby,

I answered this thread again and then erased it. What really is the point. It exasperates me.

You know what Scooby, you would not get anywhere near as exasperated if you actually used your head to think rather than your heart. Everybody understands the arguments you make in your posts, at a certain emotional level they have a semblance of logic about them in a sort of 'step forward and be baptized' way.

The problem is that they seldom suffer the scrutiny of logic and critical thinking for very long. Posters try to show you this in varying ways, but instead of learning and growing from this process, you either bale out of the post in a funk or take things so personally that it is impossible to dialogue with you.

You think those that oppose you are all anti-JW's, and cannot get past their personal upsets to view these issues in a rational way. The interesting thing is that most of them they are not. They are anti *your* personal arguments, which are almost without exception built of a foundation of sand. That they fall around your ears in ruins so regularly should tell you something Scoob.

Best regards - HS

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Scooby,

I agree with you on this thread. And I AM anti-JW to a certain extent.

Not that you asked, but since HS commented on it, so will I. Just one word of what to avoid: sarcasm. When I see sarcasm and/or insults, I just move on. There's no need for it. And it's necessary to respect the other person--tolerance.

Not that anyone asked me . . . (Unasked-for advice is criticism--sorry!)

Pat

• AlanF
    AlanF

Well patio, I think that if you had any actual arguments, rather than emotion-based opinions about my views on this topic, you'd post them. But I don't think that you, any more than JW lawyers, have any.

To see this, let me pose a simple question for you: Do you think that a group advocating ritual child sacrifice ought to be banned? Explain your reasoning.

AlanF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit