Elders in Spain Steal Millions from Congregation

by cappytan 49 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    My BSometer is going off the radar at this point in time.
  • nugget
    nugget
    I'm just surprised they found that much money from JWs
  • pontoon
    pontoon

It's not like a scam has to fly under the radar to be carried out. In this area we have near WTF a motel that was originally built by bothers that invested their own $$ into it and it caters to people visiting the farm. Nothing shady about that. Some time ago wasn't their a post here on JWN about a retirement home being built for witnesses or ex-bethelites that could afford it? Now if they ran off with the money that's a different story. So I would question was this presented as a Wat Society project with money being collected in the KH's and the project being spoken about from the platform or was it spoken about person to person like here's an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a great private non Watchtower investment. If it was the latter I believe it could be pulled off, we know how JW's love their get rich don't have to work for it schemes.

• Kanon
    Kanon
    This is BS, there is so little work in Spain people can barely afforded to cover their needs yet alone donate that kind of money.
  • EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    Something is wrong, if all 1300 donated over 10 years, that's like 10,000 per person per year. Unless they had a lot of wills, life insurance policies, etc, they collected on.  
  • extruthbeliever
    extruthbeliever
    Awsome one more thing to add to the list of false prophacies
  • JHK
    JHK

There are 14 people sitting on the bench and the prosecution asked for them between 9 and 13 years in prison. It is not a joke!

The first week of February we will know the verdict.

The name of the accused:

http://ruralnewlife.blogspot.com.es/2010_11_01_archive.html

• blondie
    blondie

Things like this don't surprise me; but they broke the rule, you can steal from individual jws and get away with it but never, never steal from the organization.  They will get their money but let individuals wait on God.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2003-02-01/news/0302010163_1_fraud-elizabeth-morgan-seniors

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    they broke the rule, you can steal from individual jws and get away with it but never, never steal from the organization.

Blondie...can you elaborate on involvement of "the organization" in this affair? Maybe it is because I have limited skills in Spanish...but...I didn't pick up that the elders were stealing from the organization.

How does this latest episode of thievery within the JWs involve "the organization"?

• gda
    gda
    the plot thickens

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit