Did Jesus let us down?

by Pleasuredome 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• seedy3
    seedy3

Well, I'm not sure Heysus, let us down, I more think it was Paul that let us down, he was the one that made all the hoop about Heysus, it was his followers that were suppose to have written most of the Gospels, and he himself that wrote most of the NT it's self. Aside from that there is no evidence in historical writings from 1ad until after 50ad that Heysus even existed, so if he did and that is a BIG "IF" he could not have been the great miracle worker he is suppose to be in the biblical record, and the only reason I give the date of 50ad is that the earliest Gospel is dated to about 50 ad, not by manuscripts, but by what is written in it.

Seedy

• Brownboy
    Brownboy

No one has been let down. The appointed time to judge the nations was put into place by Jehovah. Everyone found righteous will have the desires of their hearts fulfilled, and after that, all bad memories will be a thing of the past. Remember that the one who endures till the end is the one that will be saved.............this time of the end is so close, you can almost hold your breath. Have a little faith................

Brownboy

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Someone let us down. I'm still glad to be here though.

I was watching a PBS show, about the genocide of the Tootsi in 1994, the other night. It is very sobering to reflect back on it. I then did some research on it here on the net about how such a thing could happen.

I didn't get depressed about it though. It's having the strangest effect on me. I feel most all of us are fortunate to be alive. I have a more optimism as well. Very strange. But I'll not look this gift horse in the mouth. I am going to concentrate on the good in the world rather than the evil. Worrying about the evil does nothing to stop it.

Flyin'

• English Patient
    English Patient

Good question.

Did he? Who knows what he did?

Imagine the scene: Jesus is dragged before Pilate and Pilate asks him 'What is truth?'. In a situation like that, what could Jesus have done? I can't see him walking around the room making gestures and discussing what truth is. 'Truth is....' so on and so forth.

I dont think we could say he let us down if the guy decided to lay down his own life so we could gain everlasting life. Who holds a greater love than that, that this one should lay down his life for his brothers? Jesus didn't let us down because he didn't give us an answer we want to hear. Jesus saved man by laying down his life that we should live.

Or so goes the story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit