Most commun cars in your congregation

by JH 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oh gawd! That thing is hidious!

• tazmaniac
    tazmaniac

We had a wave of Jeep Cherokees. The hall was on a huge hill. The only way you could make it on snowy days was with 4-wheel drive.

• TRUTH SEEKER
    TRUTH SEEKER

Volvo, Jetta, Cadillac & Toyota were very popular. I remember going to buy my first car with my Dad (who wasn't a witness) and telling him I wanted a K car. I thought it would be nicer for service. My father still makes fun of me for saying that. I ended up with a Camaro!

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

alot of witnesses in the last hall I was in, vans, and big cars are popular. I always bought two door cars and one day my dad said to me, you do that on purpose don't you, because you don't want to use your car in the service. Thats right I didn't. I had a Grand AM sport cars., Dodges and Fords.

Now I drive an infiniti Q45 fully loaded. its a beautiful car and glides down the highway at astronomical speed. I had a van a couple of years ago, but it was the one that was wrecked when we had the accident with the deer. I also had a beautiful Lincon Town Car. It was huge. And drove like a speeding bullet. These last three vehciles were after I left the org.

We are going to have to get a van now as my new electric scooter won't fit in it and so we have to have a modified van.

Try ing to find one through the Canadian Paraplegic Association.

Love Orangefatcat

• undercover
    undercover

I hated mini-vans but they were great for service. Load em up with 6-8 people and go do RVs. Might get out of the car twice on a good morning(and one of them was for break).

As a kid, four door cars were the preferred mode of transportation. From Ford Galaxies and Chevy Impalas to the Vista-Cruiser station wagon(remember those?). I remember actual meeting parts about the importance of buying 4 door over 2 door. Brothers who bought two door cars were looked on as spiritually weak. But by the 80s a lot had changed. The loyal ones had run out and bought Dodge Caravans, first of the mini-vans. KH parking lots looked like the local Dodge/Chrysler car lot. In the late 70s/early 80s a lot of the brothers pish-poshed the whole service car idea. Vettes, Zs(both 28 and Nissan), Porsches, even a Ferrari or two were not uncommon to see amongst the brothers that had money. Motorcycles were frowned on, but the brothers had em anyway. I remember an elder that had a big ole bike. He rode it to a picnic once.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit