Hi, I'm new here!

by SWALKER 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I just thought I'd like to start posting as I've been visiting this site for some time. It's hard to believe that I'm actually doing this seeing how I am a 4th generation JW. My great grandfather was a contemporary of Russell and my grandfather was on the board of directors of the Society. Anyway, what blew me away was receiving an e-mail 3 years ago regarding the NGO affiliation. At first, I was just incredulous and numb. Then, being a business person, I picked up the phone and dialed the U.N. headquarters and talked to the head of the DPI section. I also requested written verification, which I received. I then printed out all the information off the U.N. website and notified my PO. He already knew about it and he actually started whispering on the phone and told me to keep this info to myself. He said he had been in contact with Headquarters and had been assured that a letter was forthcoming to All the congregations soon and this matter would be resolved. A year later I was still waiting on the forthcoming letter. I truly believed that this issue would be addressed through the pages of the Watchtower magazine but after a year I had a sickening feeling that wasn't going to happen. I soon began looking on the internet and realized I had been duped about so many things. I shared this with my MANY JW family members...parents, siblings, cousins, true close friends, etc., and they have practically all stopped attending meetings. This was not the Truth that we had believed in! One family member and close friend were disfellowshipped for their outspokeness on the U.N. involvement. The rest of us have just successfully faded. I just want to say how much I appreciate this website and for the comments and research that are presented here.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy SWALKER! Glad you made it out in one piece.

Welcome to a larger world.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hi SWalker and welcome. Glad you and your family members are making it out okay. This is a premium exjw website even with all of us imperfect members here.

I will look forward to your posts.

Flyin'

• kls
    kls

Hello Swalker, i am so glad when we see people seeing what the Watchtower is really like , and people become free.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Hello SWalker,

We're happy you have decided to post, giving your personal reasons for exiting Jw's. Welcome to the forum!

• Quotes
    Quotes

Welcome SWALKER, and congratulations on your enlightenment.

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!

• Huxley
    Huxley

Welcome Swalker!

Enjoy

Huxley

• happehanna
    happehanna

WELCOME SWALKER

The shock of finding out that the WTS isn't what it seems must of been extra awful considering your family history! But your families exit will make others think long and hard?

Will you be attending the memorial? or is that a silly question?

• talesin
    talesin

WELCOME SWALKER

Yes, once the cool, clear light of day dawns, it's hard to ignore, isn't it?

talesin

• bebu
    bebu

Hello, Swalker!

Your post is a very encouraging one. to you for helping so many people leave with you!!

I look forward to more of your posts!

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit