Tips For People Who Visit the South

by Tatiana 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Has anyone eaten "mountain oysters?" Come on...tell the truth....

• Tatiana
    Tatiana
    99. High school is considered higher education down here, and many choose not to attend. :)

Please don't ever underestimate "southerners." And never, ever let the accent fool you!!! Big mistake!

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Tatiana:

Well...not "mountain oysters," but, in Texas..."Rocky Mountain Oysters" are th' thang, they used to belong to bull calves. They are aka, "Calf Fries." Those are really good...with a little Tabasco on 'em !

• Valis
    Valis

yuck! Some of us Southerners are a bit more civalahzed than that..*sips mint julip*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Yes I have eaten Mountain oysters. In fact I've helped hold down the poor little calf while someone took a knife and turned him from a bull into a steer. On one ranch where I once helped they would take the rather fresh meat that resulted and hold them over the branding fire until done and then partake of the result. Not bad.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I lived in the south for years, but I refuse to eat anyone or anything's balls!!!!!!! Nor intestines, nor brains. Just like I can't eat anything that can eat me.....shark...alligator....

• Valis
    Valis

um Tatiana...try a pizza w/goat cheese and alligator sausage...that will change your mind!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I love goat cheese........it's the only cheese I eat besides soy cheese. But BALLS???? No way, hose'.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

OK..........OK...........!!!!!!!!!! I have ate bull balls!!!

It was at the Big Texan, in Amarillo , Tx. It was done on a dare of course.

Thank the good Lord , the bull balls didn't come out of the kitchen looking like balls. They were called,,,,,,,"calf fries". They looked and tasted liked pieces of fried beef fingers .......kind of stale ones at that.

I was not impressed, nor grotested really. I prefer to have the sirloin part of the beef myself.

But I admit it , I took the dare, I ate the balls...........

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    But I admit it , I took the dare, I ate the balls...........

Dede, you are so much fun. I get the biggest kick out of you. I could swear you were from south eastern bayou country with your "crazy cajun" personality. A compliment.

Once a "brother" tried to trick us all into eating them. He arrived one day with a plate full of samples of them garnished with little toothpicks. I took one bite and it tasted like really bad soy protein. I promptly went to the bathroom and spit it out. Upon returning to the livingroom, I discovered angry outbursts and the "brother" bookin' it through the front yard to get the speck out of there.

I have always sworn to get even with him someday.What a jerk. His wife always had the most sour, pinched look on her face. I wonder why. NOT!

Flyin'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit