by suga-free sweety 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome to the board!

Please do a thorough research before joining anything.....

Codeblue

• new light
    new light

Just type "Jehovah's Witnesses" into any major search engine and start reading.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Thank you, ARoarer - fantastic !

• Swan
    Swan

Welcome S uga-free!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    I've distanced myself from all my old friends and now I find that I dont really have any at all. If anyone has been in the same situation and has some tips for dealing with this lonely feeling I have it would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Shuga! I need to ask you why you've eliminated all your old friends? What have they done wrong to you? There is no use in severing ties with people who have done you no wrong. There is no benefit of dumping your friends just because they're not part of your special group. Things like this cause unnecessary separation between people. You've been there for your friends, as I'm sure they've been there for you.

Let me give you a reality of Jehovah's Witnesses; if you should get disfellowshipped, all your friends in your special group will quit speaking to you, because you're no longer part of their special group. I highly doubt that your friends were wanting to sever ties with you, just because you wanted to belong to a special group.

The love you will recieve is conditional on your behavior. If you screw up, even if it doesn't directly affect someone, you will be shunned. You will continue on your path of loneliness.

Keep your "worldly" friends. They won't quit associating with you no matter what path you decide to take in life.

• bebu
    bebu

Sugar-free-sweetie!

What a cute name!!

I am wary about your feeling pressured to drop friends in order to turn your life around. Some friendships are built around destructive habits, and as such can really bring you down. But if the basic criteria is, "they are not Jehovah's Witnesses--so they cannot be your friends", then WATCH OUT!!! You could easily be burning bridges built on better foundations than a "negative" idea.

Please, please, please. Contrary to what you have been warned, we are not Satanic opposers. The Bible commands us to watch out for deceivers--especially the ones who come in His name! Following the Bible is NOT following Satan!! Therefore, please "test all things and hold fast to that which is true." Remember that "The first to present his case seems right, until another comes forward and questions." (Prov. 18:17) The Watchtower might teach ideals such as honesty, but THEY DO NOT FOLLOW THEIR OWN TEACHINGS. They are a a cup that is clean on the outside, and filthy on the inside. If you try to look on the inside of the Watchtower cup to see if it is clean, you will be threatened.

It is only the well-informed who can make the best choices. Please carefully consider the information given at http://www.freeminds.org concerning the UN scandal, the 607 date, the child abuse coverup, and so much more.

As for this website, Jgnat has given a great newby intro. A treasure of information.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/58215/1.ashx

All the best to you, Sweetie. Please private message me (click on my name) or anyone else here that you would like to ask privately any questions. I assure you, we'd welcome the chance to explain/share honestly with you, and always give you space to make your own choices.

bebu

• astridkittie
    astridkittie

To answer your question...

Women usually dress conservative, i.e. nothing revealing, no sleeveless tops or anything that reveals the back or midriff, no low cut tops, no skirts above the knee. It's like dressing for a school or work dress code, basically, except your applying that code to a dress and not casual wear. If I was you though, I wouldn't worry too much, since you're new, everyone should understand if you make a mistake. :)

Sorry if you got rather overwhelmed here, just this is mostly a forum for people who have lost faith in the Society, and with good reason. They're simply trying to prevent you from making the same mistake they have, before you become so enchanted with the Society that you stop listening to anything but "the faithful and discreet slave." If this is really for you, go for it, but just please remember that a blind decision is a poor decision... and that you can't just look at one side of a story, turn a deaf ear on the other side, and say you know the truth about it, as the Society will soon enough expect of you to do. They may tell you to only listen to them because something else will "stumble" your faith, but ask yourself how strong is your faith if it is easily stumbled by you so much as listening or reading something contradictory to it?

• jess
    jess

This is NOT a good place to get information about the Jehovah's Witnesses, you should keep away from here if you want some accurate answers.

Just trying to help.

• Valis
    Valis
    This is NOT a good place to get information about the Jehovah's Witnesses, you should keep away from here if you want some accurate answers.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel
    you should keep away from here if you want some accurate answers.

please point to your "accurate" answers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit